The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    I wanna grow!!

Ever feel like you got smaller when at the gym?

Hey guys, do you ever feel like you have gotten smaller when you go to the gym compared to at home. At home I feel a lot bigger in the mirror than the gym mirror. Is it because some people at the gym are bigger than you or is it just imagination?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Different mirrors and different lighting.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

I wanna grow!!
    true, i just look so small compared to all the other big guys, I need to stop thinking like this!!

It's so strange, for me. I actually look normal in my gym's mirror, but in my bedroom mirror I look much smaller, less defined, and so forth. I really hate it. I walk into my room and my six pack vanishes.

But yeah, it's because of different angles and different lighting.

I always think I look bigger at the gym, with my muscles full of blood (from the pump) they look a lot bigger.
    If the bar aint bending your just pretending!!!!

My journal!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG C
    I always think I look bigger at the gym, with my muscles full of blood (from the pump) they look a lot bigger.
    Thats how it is for me. I look damn good in my bathroom mirror though haha.

Banned
    The best mirrors and lighting are at the tanning salon...I look like I could step on stage and do quite well there .

Frank Zane-ification
    I always feel about 90 times bigger at the gym. There's nothing that motivates me at home compared to the gym. I always feel big after a good pump. And there's about 100 mirrors in my gym, so you can't not be anwhere and not be looking at yourself all pumped (that make any sense?). It's a good feeling.
    "Hey skinny, I can see your ribs!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Yeah, especially when you run in to these huge guys. The only thing that I feel evens out things is that these peeps usually have super stick legs and it makes them look like polio patients.

Most mirrors in gyms are full length. Is the one you have at home full length?
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Frank Zane-ification
    Quote Originally Posted by harryhoudini66
    Yeah, especially when you run in to these huge guys. The only thing that I feel evens out things is that these peeps usually have super stick legs and it makes them look like polio patients.
    I had people like that at my old gym. They seriously need time to start thinking about their legs. Maybe it doesn't occur to them how stupid they look...
    "Hey skinny, I can see your ribs!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Banned
    ya i look stupid but im workin on it!! i can squat 225 5 times and bench way more!

after a bench press my chest looks insane in mirrors. but reg it looks like i have nothin. u figure with a 275x4 bench press there would be some dam diff

Waiting on a Star to Fall Hickory's Avatar
    i think one reason some think they look smaller at the gym is because they might be standing further away from the mirror at the time.
    Disclaimer: This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.

Banned
    I looked yoked at the gym, cept on leg day