Thread: Regular Curl Bar vs. Super Curl Bar

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Regular Curl Bar vs. Super Curl Bar

Regular Curl Bar:

Super Curl Bar:

Hello all! I am going to invest in a curl bar for use at home. What is the difference between these two bars? Any advantages of one over the other? My local sporting goods store sells them both for the same price so I'd like to know if one is better than the other. Any help would be great!

Wannabebig Member
    Oh yeah, the Super Curl bar displayed here is Olympic. The one they sell at my store takes the same size weights at the regular curl bar shown here, so no need to point that out to me! Thanks again!

I prefer the regular curl bar........

It doesnt look like there is much difference other than the super curl bar looks like it could be used for hammer curls as well.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Looks like the Super Curl bar might weight a little bit more. I also wouldn't want to use the Super Curl bar to do Skull Crushers or you might have a sore head afterwards.
    My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

hardgaining ectomorph
    Looks like you have more options on how close or wide to grip the super curl bar. I would really have to hold one to make sure.

With my ezcurl bar I have two options. A little smaller than shoulder wide and a little wider than shoulder wide. Would be nice to see if that bar lets you have a shoulder wide crip with your wrists turned a bit. Could be nice.

Might be hard to do hammer curls with your hands that close. I'll stick to DB hammer curls.
    I'm Dark, I'm Dan...I'm Darkdan
    Journal