Thread: Trying to lose a little bit of weight...

Hybrid View

In vein

Trying to lose a little bit of weight...

I've been trying to lose a little bit of weight lately, mostly in my stomach. I'm not going extremely low card, especially because I really don't need to diet very seriously to attain my current goal. I only want to drop maybe 5 more pounds or so, which will mostly just be a little flab out of my stomach. Anyway, would it be smart to keep the carbs (and especially fat) kind of low untill I reach my goal? I eat the majority of my carbs early in the morning for breakfast (which is also pre-workout) and then again post-workout. Every once in awhile my dinner may contain some light carbs. Should this be ok? What would you reccomend for light dieting?

Thanks for any help.

- SsiK

How about just dropping your cals? Don't really see why you need to drop carbs to lose 5 lbs. You could do that with water weight. Also, I seriously doubt you'll see a huge difference in your gut if you lost 5 lbs.
    Last edited by Max-Mex; 08-29-2004 at 06:15 PM.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

In vein
    Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    How about just dropping your cals? Don't really see why you need to drop carbs to lose 5 lbs. You could do that with water weight. Also, I seriously doubt you'll see a huge difference in your gut if you lost 5 lbs.

I was thinking about this earlier, I don't know why I said 5 lbs., I need more like 15. I'm not going to completely drop the carbs, I'll just make sure to take in more carbs pre/post-workout more than other times during the day. BY doing this it will also naturally, obviously lower my calories. I'm not dropping the carbs completely.

Does that make sense?

- SsiK

The Big Wang
    yea major caloric defecit can provide weight loss..
    eat like 4 or 5 small meals..

the thing with low carb.. is that low carb tends to be high in fat.. and low fat tends to be high in carbs.. so becareful..

drink lots of water..

be strong. do not succumb to any temptations! good luck

the last 5 is the hardest to lose? :P gl
    PROFILE, COMMENT PLZ
    My Journal

Banned
    If you're trying to lower calories, I agree that dropping carbs is the best way to go due to the fact that they serve the least purpose in the body of the 3 macronutrients.

I've been deleted stronginthearm's Avatar
    I Agree as well with you BAA BAA.
    But if you are trying to get more improvment on your stomach. What I've done in the last couple of months is go out and buy an incline sit up bench, and boy that does work your stomach well, it will aslo this help cut up your stomach and get rid of that last bit of fat that your trying to lose.

I Hope this helps as well.
    Last edited by stronginthearm; 08-31-2004 at 07:59 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stronginthearm
    I Agree as well with you BAA BAA.
    But if you are trying to get more improvment on your stomach. What I've done in the last couple of months is go out and buy an incline sit up bench, and boy that does work your stomach well, it will aslo this help cut up your stomach and get rid of that last bit of fat that your trying to lose.

I Hope this helps as well.
    Aren't you the guy that recently told me that my advice was awful? Working your abs has NO effect on the fat around them. It may tighten them up so they "feel" harder, but you can't spot reduce the fat off of them.

The fat on your abs is the last to go in the case of most males, so you're probably going to lose fat everywhere else first before you reach your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    Aren't you the guy that recently told me that my advice was awful? Working your abs has NO effect on the fat around them. It may tighten them up so they "feel" harder, but you can't spot reduce the fat off of them.

The fat on your abs is the last to go in the case of most males, so you're probably going to lose fat everywhere else first before you reach your goal.
    True, Ab's and Love-handles I believe are the last to go.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

Quote Originally Posted by Vido

hello did you read the last bit of my post is said it will help get rid of the last bit of on abs?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stronginthearm
    hello did you read the last bit of my post is said it will help get rid of the last bit of on abs?
    Yes I did, and I was pointing out that it was a false statement.

And me.. baa baaa...
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

:withstupi :withstupi :withstupi :withstupi :withstupi :withstupi