The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

GAINS at the least likely time

I've been struggling to put on any mass all summer. I started summer at 136 lbs in 2 months I struggled to get up to 138 and hold there. I was lifting hard on a good routine and taking in crazy amounts of calories and protien. I never missed a day with good heavy eating, and I stuck to training 3 times a week.

This week I ate almost nothing, maybe 2000 calories a day (as opposed to the normal 4000) and my lifts went down a bit from the previous week. I even missed taking my daily serving of creatine on a couple days.

Anyways, I had a kick ass leg day today, my squat improved HUGE. At the end of the routine, I went to weight myself expecting the worst with the bad week of eating and all. I hadn't eaten much nor did I drink a lot of water during the training today. Somehow I am up to 140 lbs. Thats more than I've gained all summer in less than a week.

I dont understand, is my body putting on fat because its scared of not getting as much food as its used to? It should also be noted that I started school this week and I havent been working, therefore less active. Whats the deal with cheat days for bulking? haha

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

headbutting mirrors
    A good visit to the toilet will probably fix that miracle 2 pounds.
    give me gains or i will headbutt every mirror in the gym...

bring the pain...

Quote Originally Posted by mega
    A good visit to the toilet will probably fix that miracle 2 pounds.
    Nope, thats been taken into account for this gain. I always weigh myself at the gym post workout wearing the exact same thing. I always go to the gym after supper. I think this is a genuine gain.

headbutting mirrors
    Congrats then man. Keep up the gains!
    give me gains or i will headbutt every mirror in the gym...

bring the pain...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOBART
    Nope, thats been taken into account for this gain. I always weigh myself at the gym post workout wearing the exact same thing. I always go to the gym after supper. I think this is a genuine gain.
    What if you had an unusually large dinner? What if you had consumed more water than normal that day? I wouldn't get so excited over gains on the scale...use the mirror as your guide.

Frank Zane-ification
    The best time to weigh yourself is in the morning. That's what the doctor told me anyway. Throughout the day, you're going to gain wight from all the water and food you put in your system. I always gain about 4 or 5 pounds by the end of the day, compared to my morning weight. So I only compare my morning weight from month to month.
    "Hey skinny, I can see your ribs!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger