I understand that lots of people feel DOMS is not a good indicator of adequacy of a workout. Here's some other questions I have. Love to see everybbody's opinions on them.
1) If DOMS results from a workout does it mean more muscle damage occurred than if no DOMS resulted? Possibly too much damage?
2) If DOMS results does it mean I will need more recovery time than if I didn't get DOMS?
3) If I have still have some DOMS in my biceps and lats three days after my pull routine should I delay doing my push routine until after the DOMS is gone?
4) I've heard some people say they wait to work out until after the DOMS is gone. Others have said they wait until they haven't had DOMS for at least 24 hours. Does it matter?
5) I did two good sets of a seated version of abdominal crunches yesterday. I hook the lat pulldown bar under my upper arms and crunch down as far as I can. Today my upper abs are sore where they insert onto the lower ribcage. The lower abs have no pain. Does this mean that my upper abs got more of a workout than the lower portion? (Back to the upper vs lower ab debate)
6) I tend to get more DOMS if the days off between routines is 7-10, and might not get it at all if my break was only 5 or 6 days. Any significance to this?