The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    BEAST

Gaining mass without strength?

i recently worked my arms out for about 4 hours in a day and ever since i have gained more muscle and mass but i cant lift as heavy of weights as before(i lifted about 3-4 days ago)
    Do my arms need time to gain back strenght and rest or wat im in need of some help. THANKS

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

In vein
    For one you shouldn't be lifting for 4 continous hours a day anyway, and if you do/did, I think it's time for some rest.

Oh yeah and another thing, if you say your arms have gained muscle mass 3-4 days ago, I highly doubt it. If anything you just have a prolonged pump.

- SsiK
    Last edited by SsiK; 09-01-2004 at 08:18 PM.

You're arms are probably swollen from your 4-hour training stint - and that's why they are bigger.

MAYBE he shocked the muscles into new growth, but just hasn't given them enough time to recover properly yet. After proper recovery he may loose a little size and regain his strenght. I have hear of insanely long sessions on one muscle to shock new growth, but never 4 hours and always with A LOT of recovery on the other side. Never tried it myself though

Quote Originally Posted by Geeper
    MAYBE he shocked the muscles into new growth, but just hasn't given them enough time to recover properly yet. After proper recovery he may loose a little size and regain his strenght. I have hear of insanely long sessions on one muscle to shock new growth, but never 4 hours and always with A LOT of recovery on the other side. Never tried it myself though
    Maybe. Just maybe my boys can protect the book. Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Last edited by twm5993; 09-02-2004 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBEasT#1
    i recently worked my arms out for about 4 hours in a day and ever since i have gained more muscle and mass but i cant lift as heavy of weights as before(i lifted about 3-4 days ago)
    Do my arms need time to gain back strenght and rest or wat im in need of some help. THANKS
    I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever heard anyone tell me that they trained their arms for 4 hours in a single day. :alcoholic

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    There was an article that resembled a pile of manure in Muscle&Fitness..maybe you read it..
    "1 inch in a day!"

it was like an 8 hr workout with breaks in between.Y'know for those of us that can call in to work out for a whole day.
    Last edited by Nevermore; 09-02-2004 at 11:28 AM.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBuilder
    I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever heard anyone tell me that they trained their arms for 4 hours in a single day. :alcoholic
    Yeah that's waaaay too much. Even a total body workout shouldn't take much over an hour.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    Yeah that's waaaay too much. Even a total body workout shouldn't take much over an hour.
    if youre on crack and do one set for each body part maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore
    There was an article that resembled a pile of manure in Muscle&Fitness..maybe you read it..
    "1 inch in a day!"

it was like an 8 hr workout with breaks in between.Y'know for those of us that can call in to work out for a whole day.
    I considered doing the inch in a day in m&f but then i considered stretch marks and the likes.

Banned
    1" a day HAHAHAHAH. sign meup and show me where

Banned
    it is possible to enlarge the blood passage ways and muscle cell while not being as explosive and lifting as much weight. Your body adapts to different types of training. Explosive, and powerful lifts, and endurance, and long lasting workouts. You should never lift for 4 hours straight, but you could have shocked your body to grow new capillaries in the muscle while enlarging the passage way through the muscle cell (muscle cell enlargement) I think that you can't lift as much weight because you have shocked your neuromuscular system and it hasn't yet fully recovered while yet the muscle may have already healed, wait 7 days before lifting anything with arms again

Banned
    1" is possbile to gain in measurement in one day, but its nothing perminant. A 4 hour workout can lead to an inch of a pump. The reason why I think most people don't gain as much as they'd like to, is cause they are suspicious of other things. Not willing to try new things because they feel that if they stop what they are doing, they wont grow as much, or they feel comfortable with the routine they are doing now.

3:16
    but a lot of people do not want to waste there time doing routines that do not work for like 99% of the people.
    to guage a routine properly you have to do it for at least say 6 weeks plus.
    this only allows you to try so many routines.
    and why change something when oyu have a routien that work so wellin 1st place?
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.