Thread: Arm Strain...

Wannabebig Member

Arm Strain...

The situation:
    Recently when hanging out with friends, we just decided to see how much we could lift on different machines. One of them was a multi-positioning benchpress machine. On the benchpress everything went fine, but when the position of the back rest and the bar were changed...I hurt my arm. I pushed but couldnt lift it, and now I have a semi-sharp pain just under my deltoid. I cant really seem to place the pain,...

Im thinking I just strained a muscle and that it will go away. But when I do deltoid exercises it hurts quite a bit...

Any ideas?

OutlawZ

Rotator cuff. Moral of the story, stay away from the machines. Take time off from any upperbody work. Let it heal. I'd say at least a week.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Wannabebig Member
    Sorry but whats a rotator cuff? And is it serious? Right now Im still doing weights and it doesnt hurt on most of the exercises, only when I do deltoids. And its not a pain that stops me from doing it, its just like a sting.

OutlawZ

Wannabebig Member
    By the way...I looked up which muscles are the rotator cuffs, and theyre higher up. This pain is under my deltoid, towards the tricep (i.e. a bit further around the arm)

OutlawZ

The pain is there for a reason. I don't know if it's serious. I'm not a doctor. However, working out while still having pain, or stings in you case, is generally a bad idea. You don't know how serious it is and you could be making it worse. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Rotator cuff rotates your arm. Baseball pitchers have a tendency to hurt their rotator cuffs.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300