The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    The Big Wang

Protein.. WHICH?!

I'm lean. 165 pounds.. waist size prolly about a 30 or less.. have a six pack.. 5'11".. body fat about 8%..
    the thing is.. i DO NOT want to be big.. i wanna look cut and lean.. i used to be fat and it took me year and a half to get to where i am today.. lost 60 pounds..
    ANYWAYS..
    i heard that some protein will help me gain LEAN muscle and will help me look more cut and more lean.. which protein should i take?.. should i take any!?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you already have a six pack, and are at 8%, then you're already lean. The only things you can do to make yourself look better are to lose some more fat (difficult and probably won't make you look much better), or gain some muscle. Although you say you don't want to be big, I think you probably need to gain some size to reach your goal.

Gaining lean muscle is a case of eating slightly more calories than you burn off, while training sensibly with weights. So if you need for example 2500 calories per day to stay the same weight, you might start eating 2800-3200 per day. Only you can know how much you need to eat, but if you're currently staying the same weight, start by adding 300-500 calories and monitor your weight and body fat for a couple of weeks, then adjust as necessary from there (not gaining: eat more. Gaining fat as well as muscle: eat slightly less).

Your diet should contain some protein of course. It sounds like you've been advised to try protein supplements. These are fine, but are by no means necessary. If you can eat all your protein needs from "real food" then that's just as good, if not better, than taking a supplement. For you personally, you probably need around 120-150g of protein per day, which isn't a massive amount. Beyond that, extra protein won't do you any harm, but isn't necessary.

Hope that helps, and congratulations on your weight loss; I hope you're as successful with your new goal!

The Big Wang
    dang some good advice.. thanks for taking the time i appreciate it.
    i'll do this.