The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Coldstone tonight, what to do?

Well its my sisters birthday tonight so it looks like weíre going to Coldstone (a big ice cream place) so Iím making it a cheat meal. Besides trying to enjoy myself and not freak out about what Iím eating, is there anything I can do to make the cheat not as bad? I know that all of the sugar in the ice cream will create a big insulin spike (and I store fat very easily); is there anything that you guys do to help negate the impact of this? Like, specifically, Iíve heard of people taking psyllium husk or Metamucil before a meal that they know is gonna be bad; does anyone have any experience with this? Or should I eat some protein or fat with the meal to try to decrease the glycemic load of the meal? Or would these extra calories just make the cheat worse?

Thanks guys,
    Luke

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by luke77
    Well its my sisters birthday tonight so it looks like weíre going to Coldstone (a big ice cream place) so Iím making it a cheat meal. Besides trying to enjoy myself and not freak out about what Iím eating, is there anything I can do to make the cheat not as bad? I know that all of the sugar in the ice cream will create a big insulin spike (and I store fat very easily); is there anything that you guys do to help negate the impact of this? Like, specifically, Iíve heard of people taking psyllium husk or Metamucil before a meal that they know is gonna be bad; does anyone have any experience with this? Or should I eat some protein or fat with the meal to try to decrease the glycemic load of the meal? Or would these extra calories just make the cheat worse?

Thanks guys,
    Luke
    Enjoy it, and get back on track tommorow.

Coldston has some fat free and low carb ice cream. You realy dont have to cheat unless you realy want to.

i would enjoy every spoonful of that ice cream don't worry like Salahg said just get back on track tomorrow enjoy!!!!!

RichLockyer
    Yup...

3500 unburned calories to a pound.
    Just don't make it a habit.

Enjoy your evening.

Grasshoppa
    Regardless if you store fat very easily, I doubt very much that you'll store a significant amount in one night.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I'm assuming you're cutting. If so, don't worry about it. If you've established a routine caloric deficit throughout the week, one meal will have no effect on your fat loss. Enjoy! I know I would.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

RichLockyer
    F you guys

Went out tonight and got some paint and tools.
    Decided to stop for a Newcastle at Chili's before heading home.

Stopped at Cold Stone on the way home.

F you guys

Everything is fine as long as it's in moderation.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

**** moderation. Go there, get a super bucket of cake batter ice cream with twix and snickers and strawberries (for fiber) and fudge and marshmallow and caramel and mint patties and 3 Musketeers and sprinkles and chocolate sauce and bury your ****ing face in it. Don't come up for air unless you're snarling at approaching spoons.

RichLockyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh BDK
    **** moderation. Go there, get a super bucket of cake batter ice cream with twix and snickers and strawberries (for fiber) and fudge and marshmallow and caramel and mint patties and 3 Musketeers and sprinkles and chocolate sauce and bury your ****ing face in it. Don't come up for air unless you're snarling at approaching spoons.
    That's exactly what I had in mind when I said "Enjoy your evening"

What you're talking about IS moderation. It's fine to binge as long as he doesn't do it all the time.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

I was referring to every night. Moderation? Pfft.

Life? Once. Enjoy it, God damn it.

I just ate six ice cream sandwiches.
    Last edited by Teh BDK; 09-07-2004 at 12:50 AM.

W0rd.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

ďTake things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.Ē ó Bruce Lee

Motors, Music & Muscle HemiVision's Avatar

I love ice cream sandwiches as much as the next guy... but if I had abs I'd love them even more.

I just got into this debate with a friend when she found out I'd stopped drinking alcohol for fitness reasons. Living life and enjoying it means different things to different people. I actually enjoy the discipline more than the sweets.

In the end you're right, though. People need to do what makes them happy and not worry so much about it.

Exactly. If you love eating, indulge in food. If discipline turns your crank, indulge in discipline.

Kapow.