The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabe Arnold

pulled/strained?

I have been having trouble lately with my biceps get pulled or strained. When i extend my arm as if i were doing a dumbell kick back it feels like it is going to snap. then if i put my arm straight then take it and move it like back towards my back i can feel it like almost want to rip or something. It almost has to be a problem with not stretching it. Does anybody know any good stretches for the biceps area? or could there be another possible problem with it besides it needs to be stretch?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

bicep stretch:Place your arm straight against a wall with your palm facing the wall.With your body close to the wall slowly turn your body away from it keeping the arm and bicep in contact with the wall a good stretch for the biceps!

MACHINE
    Although I can't really give you a diagnosis, I can share with you what I've done for a pulled tricep recently. A couple months ago, I strained my right tricep tendon, near the elbow. Since then, I've trained tris with very light weights and many warm-up sets, up until a few weeks ago, when I've been able to start training heavy again. I used very light weights and concentrated 100% on form, and was still able to get good pumps during that time. I maintained most of my tricep mass too, which is always tough when battling a pull/strain. After every workout, I'd ice it for 20 minutes and take 400-600mg Ibuprofen to prevent any inflammation that could occur following a workout.

It's usually a bad idea to stretch a cold muscle, especially with a pull/strain, so do your stretching at the end of a workout, when the muscle is fully warmed up.

If you have a pulled muscle and are not willing to rest it, you need to swallow your pride for a while and use weights that won't stress it too much.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    About a month ago i was arm wrestling and hurt my elbow. Like a hardcore lifter /dumbass, i went ahead and lifted anyways the next day. Both elbows got messed up and i stayed off them for a week, however, when i work my arms, my elbows tend to get real sore during and afterwords for about a day. I know that legiments take longer to build than bigger muscles but are they just growing or am i shanking them each time i lift?
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    sucks how arm wrestlin messes up ur arms. i used to be king at that now armwrestle once and im out 3 weeks