The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

eating before workout in morning??

Hey guys...i heard that if u workout close-to-like, first thing in the morning...u shouldnt eat first. You should use the gym first, then eat your breakfast...is this true??

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

for me, if i'm planning to do cardio first thing in the morning, i usually have a cup of tea and some protein like chicken breast or cottage cheese before doing it. if i'm lifting first thing in the morning, i'd eat something definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cutler
    Hey guys...i heard that if u workout close-to-like, first thing in the morning...u shouldnt eat first. You should use the gym first, then eat your breakfast...is this true??
    You can do that, but you'll probably burn a little muscle in the process. If that's what you want.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

To add to what max said, if you don't eat anything before you're workout you'll probably run out of gas in the middle of your workout. I tried it a couple of times and that's what happened. When I workout in the morning I have a shake about 15-20 minutes before working out.
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    it depends. If you're lifting then yea, eat something. If you have no body fat or are around 12% or less than eat something. If you're trying to drop flibflab then dont eat. Drink water or gaterade before working out. when you do your cardio it hits directly to your sugar reserves without having to burn up anything you've eaten in the day. If you are 12% or less then of course eat something because you dont have the body fat to burn away and like the dude said earlier, you'll burn the muscle. I'm at 15% and i go ahead and eat something before i cardio it up. up to you.

On note of your signature. Anyone who bases their whole beliefs on the showing of one propaganda movie never had beliefs in the first place. Check all the facts.
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

if you've got some excess fat that you want to lose and don't mind burning a little bit of muslce, then don't eat anything. i switch off depending on how i'm feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cutler
    Alright well lets recap...

-Morning means u have probably digested all dinner and got all nutrience from it.
    -For about the last 3-4 hours no water, food or any other nutrience has reached your body

Working out before a meal will put you in a catabolic state. This is because for the last 3-4 hours of your sleep your body was burning calories from the most recently ingested foods. Leaving you with little energy in the morning.

Your workout in the morning will start burning muscle as muscle burns a bit faster than fat. This is where youll be getting your early morning energy.

A good routine to get into is eating in the first 30 miniutes of your day, it will give you a great metabloic boost, as digesting food increases heart rate (you burn more calories!), as well as providing you some nutrience.So mom was right to say eat a good breakfast. Also make sure you have lots of water before and after workouts as well as a liquid carbohydrate after your workouts inorder to replace the lost energy as fast as possible without going in a catabolic state.

-im bad with grammar and spelling.. sorry about that lol

hope that helps