The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Custom User Title:

iv made a right mistake!!

iv just spent the night in my student accommodation in leeds, prison like door and windows to keep burglars out i thought it was just to be secure. But i thought id take a walk to the local take away, i got talking to the guy behind the desk and he said you must be mad walking around here on your own, i explained i was new and he said its a student area and there alot of muggings gangs of teenagers walk around until the early hours and threaten everyone they meet with screw drivers, he said if you try to fight they will stab you with them.

he went on to say he knew one 12 year old skinny little lad who walks around with a screw driver and he said he wouldnt think twice about threatining you and he would stab you (im 6.3 106kg) he just said dont come out on your own and get a taxi everywere, and if you have to go out dont act like your scared because it will just make them pick you out and if they start shouting you ignore them because they want a reason to attack.

i couldnt believe it im gutted i got a taxi the next day thinking the guy was exagerating and the taxi driver said his son had a house on my estate with some friends and he was walking home and a group of kids made him take them to his house and open all the doors while they stole everything, and the taxi company on the bottom of the street had to close because kids kept smashing windows on the taxi's even while the police were watching but there that young they cant do anything. he said if one threatens you and you attack him and get the better of him he will find you with his gang (he went through some stupid gang names like XGG crew ) and they will follow you home and then do you over.

im gonna have to buy something to keep me safe
    (maybe hulk hogan and the ultimate warrior or summat)

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Quote Originally Posted by AB2004
    I suggest you carry a guitar (looks cooler than a violin) case with you everywhere you go with one of these babies inside of it. :evillaugh

Then when they try to threaten you you can just start them in the with it.

Plus, you're from England so this look will fit you quite nicely.

screwdrivers dont have the reach to deal with one of these

Custom User Title:
    my mate said he will sort me out with a police batton to keep down the side of my leg take the pocket out of my trousers and make a loop out of material half way down my leg to hook it too, but the thing is i dont want to be carrying something like that round with me, if i get caught with it ill get done and all im wanting to do is be safe.

why not just move somewhere a little more safe?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    why not just move somewhere a little more safe?
    :withstupi

Prison doors and bars over windows are usually a tip off...
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

if somebody threatens you with a screwdriver, take the screwdriver from them and stabb it in their heads, in their freaking heads, and they will never look at you again.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Haha...Leeds. No surprises there then.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

you could buy a gun, you know sometimes you have to look past the law to protect your self.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Where abouts in Leeds are you talking about. Sounds to me like Beeston to the south of Leeds city center.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Scottish-Americans tell you that if you want to identify tartans, it's easy - you simply look under the kilt, and if it's a quarter-pounder, you know it's a McDonald's.

Custom User Title:
    the outskirts of chappletown, near woodhouse.

if i do stab them in the head they will just come back with all the mates.

and i cant move out as iv signed a contract for 12 months

buy Mr. T

Custom User Title:
    haha i would but the last i read he had cancer and wasnt up to clubber lang form

ack, I heard about chapel town while paying a visit to headingley. Sounds like there aint any rougher places.

Unlucky mate. Keep yer doors and windows closed.
    Scottish-Americans tell you that if you want to identify tartans, it's easy - you simply look under the kilt, and if it's a quarter-pounder, you know it's a McDonald's.

Grasshoppa
    i couldnt believe it im gutted i got a taxi the next day thinking the guy was exagerating and the taxi driver said his son had a house on my estate with some friends and he was walking home and a group of kids made him take them to his house and open all the doors while they stole everything, and the taxi company on the bottom of the street had to close because kids kept smashing windows on the taxi's even while the police were watching but there that young they cant do anything. he said if one threatens you and you attack him and get the better of him he will find you with his gang (he went through some stupid gang names like XGG crew ) and they will follow you home and then do you over.

(maybe hulk hogan and the ultimate warrior or summat)
    Police can't do anything because they're too young? That's a new one.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Man for someone who is from England, your English is horrid.

Custom User Title:
    look at the time i posted it and you should understand.

the taxi driver said the pests are that young and offending that much there is little they can do, and its costing them too much.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    When the criminals don't have guns, they'll use screwdrivers.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

I've seen my fare share of peeps getting stabbed with screwdrivers. The worse one was actualy to the head.

Grasshoppa
    look at the time i posted it and you should understand.

the taxi driver said the pests are that young and offending that much there is little they can do, and its costing them too much.
    Ah, that makes even less sense.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I think the taxi driver is trying to improve his business by making you afraid to go anywhere on foot. A 12 year old with a screwdriver just doesn't scare me.

You are one tough mofo. How about 8 of them with screw drivers and a crazy look in their eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by harryhoudini66
    You are one tough mofo. How about 8 of them with screw drivers and a crazy look in their eyes?
    And this is why god invented 6 D cell Mag-lights.

Dude, I am sure you do not encounter the same gang issues in your state as we do in Los Angeles CA. Everyone tries to comeoff all Chuck Norris or Charles Bronson, but when the time comes, it is fight or flight syndrome at its best.

If you think a flash light is going to help you against 8 guys who have gone through shiet, been shot, stabbed and did not get kisses or hugs from their parents, then you in the Matrix man.

All police carry guns and flash lights. I have yet to see them do away with the gang issues in Los Angeles.
    Last edited by harryhoudini66; 09-06-2004 at 01:05 AM.