Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friends held up at gun point in thier house

Hybrid View

Friends held up at gun point in thier house

A couple of my friends have a house near the University of Akron. Their house is divided into 2 sections, 2 different apartments. My friends live in the section with the door facing the street, the other door is in the rear and faces the driveway. During the night 2 black men break into the rear apartment and hold 3 guys at gun point and take EVERYTHING in their place that has any value-including 3 computers. They say if the cops are called they will come back and kill them all. They filed a report and moved out the next day. What a nice college neighborhood no? Especially for my friend who still lives in the other side of the house. The thing that really scared me is when he told me about this I said that's pretty ballsy, considering in Ohio you can legally kill a man if he breaks inside your home in a threatening manner. My friend didn't even know, in fact he didn't believe me when I told him that. This is area is so prime for crimes like this, because most criminals know college students aren't going to be armed and have no way to defend themselves. I told him he should have a gun in that house, he just kind of laughed it off like I was crazy- which really made me think. Maybe next time the occupants of the house won't be so lucky. How bad does it have to get before people will protect themselves?

I don't know if any of you have college areas like this, but I'm glad I don't live near campus anymore.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

actually, down here its best to live around campus. we have like security guards walking around 24/7.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    During the night 2 black men break into...

Oh come on, you've got to be kidding me.

Why the need to point out that they are black men?

White men don't commint any crimes? I guess you've never watched COPS where the majority of the men who break the law are white.

You're making all of the TBone4Evas on this site look bad.

I knew that was coming. I never said white people don't commit crimes. The majority of the crime in that area is minority caused, and there are many reasons for that. Most of the people in that community either go to the university, or sell drugs or commit other crimes to make money. I've been going to school there for a while, and have lived in that area also. I wouldn't have made a comment like that if I couldn't back it up. It's sad that minorities are in the situations they are in some communities, but I will not deny those situations.
    Last edited by HahnB; 09-07-2004 at 08:42 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleP

White men don't commint any crimes? I guess you've never watched COPS where the majority of the men who break the law are white.

Even newspapers will report the race of the criminals. If someone broke into your house and they were black, are we to assume that you wouldn't tell the police what race they were?

[sarcasm]SEXIST!!! Why point out the fact that they were men? Why not just say that 2 people broke in to this house?[/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by TripleP

Damn it TripleP, you would put my name in something right when I'm in the middle of sticking these crackas up in their house and..........Hold on....... *Stand right there bitch while I finish replying to my WBB homies and stop acting like you scared, you know that's what we black people were put on this earth to rob you.*

Anyway, Hahn and Gyno made good points. I didn't see anything wrong in Hahn's post. If Hahn had just said men, I would have assumed he meant "white" men unless otherwise stated.

Tank: The N word thing is a huge double standard, but at the same it's the media that makes it seem like we all say that. At least, I don't say it. People who know me call me either Tyrone, Ty, or T-Bone. People who don't know me usually call me champ, dawg, or big man. That reminds me, I've been wanting to get that book on this topic by Randall Kennedy, a black Harvard professor. It's titled, "N*****: The Strange Career of a Troublesome Word."
    Kennedy traces the word's history in literature, song, film, politics, sports, everyday speech, and the courtroom. He also discusses its plastic, contradictory, and volatile place in contemporary American society. Should it be eradicated from dictionaries and the language? Should it be, somehow, regulated? What is the significance of its emergence among some blacks as a term with "undertones of warmth and good will"? Do blacks have a historical right to its use or does that place the term under a "protectionist pall"? With courage and grave measure Kennedy has, in effect, created a forum for discussion of the word he calls a "reminder of the ironies and dilemmas, the tragedies and glories, of the American experience." --H. O'Billovitch
    Seems like a good read.

In my observations of when the term "white trash" was used, it was used by one white person (usually female) to describe another white person they didn't like more so than a black person describing another white person. I would also put the term "wigger" in that observation as well.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Most people consider null race to be their own.

A white man will describe another white man as a "guy". He'll describe a black man as a "black guy".

Same for a black man. He'll describe a black man as a "guy". He'll describe a white man as a "white guy".

No need to get offended when someone uses skin color as a purely descriptive term.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Ohio is a bad ass state, you can kill the intruder and its allright, damns sweet law, I had an intruder and I wish I could have finished the junky off.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

I think in most states you can say you were in fear of your life and shoot them. Any police officers here?
    Weight: 320
    BF%: 38.2
    Height: 5' 11"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    Ohio is a bad ass state, you can kill the intruder and its allright, damns sweet law, I had an intruder and I wish I could have finished the junky off.
    Maybe I did come off like a honky lol. It just suprised me that he didn't know he had the option of saving his life(legally) if someone did break in with the intent to harm him.

He probably said two black men committed the crime because they were two black men.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

This is one of the reason's why everyone should carry a gun.

viva la freedom
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Wannabebig Member
    its ok for black people to call white people white trash and everything else????and its ok to call themselfs the N word, but its not for white people to even say the N word, let alone use it as an adjective in a sentence with a subject????? I don't agree that anyone should say anything racial at all in a hateful manner, I think it sounds bad when a white person says the N word, but I also think it sounds bad when a black person calls himself or others the N word.

I am going in the police academy sometime in the future, and I was already in criminal justice when I was in high school for a vocational class. It was free so the teacher didn't really make us learn anything, but I know in florida you can shoot the intruder in the fear of your own life, and only if he is still in your house. If you shoot him on the street cause you were chasing him, its no longer in fear of your life.

Also in a police report when you write the description of the suspect the officer will ask you what race or color the intruder or suspect was.

Put it this way just about every race has racial slurs or jokes for eachother.

a huge % of the jokes on comedy central are racial. And their damn near funny. and I will laugh at them, lol
    Last edited by TaNkArMs747; 09-08-2004 at 08:24 AM.
    outnumber

Drop a line TankArms747@hotmail.com

The Bucs drafted a guy out of Akron, Dwight Smith. He's pretty damn good but got arrested for pulling out his gun in a bout of road rage last year.

Pretty scary that a college neighborhood is unsafe I guess if I were them I would have to get a gun.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

9 out of 10 burglars wont commit a violent crime.

violent crime is defined as rape or murder.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    So?

You willing to gamble your life and the life of your loved ones on a 90% chance?

I'm sure as hell not.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    So?

You willing to gamble your life and the life of your loved ones on a 90% chance?

I'm sure as hell not.
    in that other thread i already clarified that if you enter my house, you die.

im just stating that although they made a threat, it is most likely that it was just so they wouldnt possibly get caught. notifying police was the right thing to do.

**** criminals, especially the black ones.

jk about the black part, it made me chuckle though
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

I wonder what the stats are when a burglar goes into a house where the occupant has a gun and tries to use it...
    I'm guessing the number of residents of the home who get killed goes up substantially...
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 09-08-2004 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    I wonder what the stats are when a burglar goes into a house where the occupant has a gun and tries to use it...
    I'm guessing the number of victims goes up substantially...
    lol, the number of burglar's turned in to victims goes up substantially.

Depends on who gets shot first. Anyhoo, Boston fairly safe IMO. Yes there are some scary areas but I don't think students worry too much here. I used to live in town when it was worse than now and I never really felt scared. Then again, I was careful when walking around the city at night.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    I was careful when walking around the city at night.
    *Rolls up his left pantleg, puts on a black hoodie and walks the streets at night while doing teh gangsta bounce*
    j/k.

Hahn, tell your boy to invest in a weap that doesnt neccessarily need a license
    Last edited by AllUp; 09-08-2004 at 11:55 AM.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

Here in England a farmer shot two burglars, who were inside his house, with his shotgun. One died, the other got a shell in the leg. Tony Martin is currently in prison for manslaughter and the second burglar is suing for damages against Mr. Martin. I guess we can't protect our homes and families without the threat of prison above our heads too.

How?
    It was private property and they were trespassing. Laws need to be changed to protect people against situations like this. :/
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"