The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Lamb of God

Wannabebig New Member

Lamb of God

Gyno and Webb , I see this dude at some local metal shows and he always has a lamb of god shirt on and he always tells me how awesome they are . I heard a song or two and thought they were good but never bought a cd because that dude is kind of a goon . Now I wish I would have listened to that dopey guy and bought it .

Well today I bought their cd from 2000 and it is awsome . I trained to it today . Are their other cd's as good . I saw another one from 2003 and if you say it's good i'll buy it too .

As of right now your words on music are gospel to me since every body else has recommended crap to me .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Heh, my friend's production company is throwing a show featuring them soon. I'm not too impressed.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Well, dude, get "As the Palaces Burn" (their 2003 effort). Play "Ruin" as loud as you can, and kill the nearest furry animal.

I can't wait for their next album. Luckily, I don't have to for long.

Do you like the band In Flames? I prefer some of their earlier albums, but they kick some serious anus if you're into good metal with death style vocals. Try the album "Colony" and "Whoracle".
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

yeah "..Palaces" hasn't left my cd player in my truck for quite some time. I could listen to '11th Hour' forever without it getting old.

Next Tuesday their latest release comes out. Tommorow night on Fuse's Uranium they have a special on, I can't wait to watch it although I don;t care for the host Juliya.

I still haven't gotten their DVD, but plan too asap.

as for other sh!t to recommend, I am a growing Shadows Fall fan, As I Lay Dying has some good tracks, just to name a couple, when I have more time I'll post a buncha cool sh!t to download or buy.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

rejoice

the age of the fall has begun

we'll dance as the palaces burn

This doesn't really have anything to do with Lamb of God, but if you like their music, you should check into Shadows Fall and Unearth. Most people that like Lamb of God also like Shadows Fall and Unearth as well.

Wannabebig New Member
    Oh yea baby ... I dig the hell out of that tune Ruin, and Boot Scraper . Pretty much everything they do is good .

I cant wait for their new album Hahaha , I just got these . It's like christmas for me right now with tunage .

The only problem is now I have to talk to that dopey goon about them . Uggghh .

Webb I'm glad I'm not the only old man listening to them .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

In Flames > *

imp :P
    PROFILE, COMMENT PLZ
    My Journal

Killswitch Engages rules all.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield
    Killswitch Engages rules all.
    KSE is pretty good, too bad the old singer left. He is one of my favorite vocalists. Howard Jones is pretty good, but not near as good as Jesse Leach is. Alive Or Just Breathing is one of my top 5 favorite albums ever.

Killswitch is playing here tommorrow night. I will prolly go if I am back in town on time.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

i picked up their DVD tonight, it was worth the 10 bucks. only about an hour total footage which kinda sucks, but some good live footage.

one thing i really cant stand are "hardcore dancers". i dont really know why they are even called this, or how it originated. but there seem to be an awful lot at LOG shows. throwing air punches and kicks just seems silly. but i guess so does a normal pit to other people and i cant stay out of those, so to each their own.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    one thing i really cant stand are "hardcore dancers". i dont really know why they are even called this, or how it originated. but there seem to be an awful lot at LOG shows. throwing air punches and kicks just seems silly. but i guess so does a normal pit to other people and i cant stay out of those, so to each their own.
    you get that **** alot at the newer "metalcore"-type shows. i hate those little boys.

a lot of the more "jock-ish" pits are pretty corny as well. nothing beats a pit from a '94 pantera show. those were the good old days.

you gotta be careful with those hardcore kids though, they run in packs.

i actually got jumped at a show a few years back by a group of them. it was fairly comical as they were all about 16 and i outweighed them all by 100 lbs. about 7 of them and they didn't manage to keep me down for more than a few seconds.

When metalcore began to get popular, that's when I stopped going to shows/concerts. Everything is going down the gutter.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by debussy
    When metalcore began to get popular, that's when I stopped going to shows/concerts. Everything is going down the gutter.
    I agree. The late 90s ushered in a new breed of crap that disguised itself as heavy metal. Sad.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

i refuse to call stuff "new-metal", or "metalcore", because they dont deserve to have metal in their name.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news...fm?newsid=9353

tour dates. the closest they come here is hollywood. i hate sacramento.

on a side note, Ashes of the Wake is pretty damned special.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by debussy
    hmm... Im just curious about you SN...... do you like Claude Debussy or something?

Frank Zane-ification
    My friend introduced me to "Lamb of God" and I've loved them ever since. They rock!! I also love "Norma Jean"...you could see if you like em. They're pretty heavy.
    "Hey skinny, I can see your ribs!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    i picked up their DVD tonight, it was worth the 10 bucks. only about an hour total footage which kinda sucks, but some good live footage.

What? Can you explain more?