Thread: Building Mass & Keeping Six Pack

Can it be done? I'm looking to put on 20-25lbs. of mass, but I want to keep my six pack and define it even more in the process. Won't the weight I'm gaining inhibit this since I'll have to cut down on cardio to gain the mass I'm looking to gain?

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Its completely impossible. Cannot, in any way shape or form, be done.

Well, maybe I guess. Whats more important is that I cant do it.

If you do some cardio (30 min. low intense,2-3 times per week) you may keep fat gain at minimal but you can't no way have more defined abs while bulking.But remember that while you bulk you add some size in your abbs too.That's what you can earn.Leave the definition for your cutting cycle.

It's possible, but will take quite awhile. Much easier and quicker to add some fat if you are trying to gain muscle naturally.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Yeah and it would be no fun at all cause you'd have to be pretty strict with your diet i.e. no cheat days for you my lad.

It would also take quite a while to put that much on. If you just bulk, then you can put 25lbs on in about one and a half to two years, providing your diet is good and trainning and rest are adequate.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

1 1/2 - 2 years to put on 25lbs.?! Jeez... I figured I could accomplish that in maybe 6-8 months. I already do a lot of cardio through martial arts and basic everyday exercise (I walk at least 3 miles a day to and from classes) - so if I cut some of that out I should gain more weight.

I've gained 5lbs. in about 10 days - so it is working. Then again, I just started taking protein supplements and monitoring my diet.

That is just the goal i would set myself.

I fink about 1-2 lbs per month is what you should aim to put on when bulking, so if you are being really strict and not trying to put on extra bodyfat i just estimated it to be about 1 and a half years.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

I have a sure fire way you can do it! However, you're going to need one of these... hahahahahaa Now the question is "Are you willing?"

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

You can either be VERY strict and specific in your diet and gain leanly (although you may soften a touch..)..

To do this you would have to experiment with yuor diet and see how many calories above your bmr would allow you to gain like this... Ie strict counting/.

or just go for it, eat more and lose those abs untill you diet down...

Your choice

Hmm... I see your point - I'd prefer gaining the lean muscle over the bodyfat because it means less work for me in the cutting phase. Then again, two years is a long time to wait to bulk up, but seeing that I'm one of the few of my friends who enjoy going to the gym I think it shouldn't be a problem.