The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

View Poll Results: Pats or Colts?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pats

7 53.85%
  • Colts

6 46.15%

Thread: Pats or Colts?

Pats or Colts?

Pats
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Seeing as I have Corey Dillon and Adam Vinatieri on my wbb fantasy football team I'm hoping the Pats beat the Colts. But since my opponent this week has the Pats defense I hope it's a very high scoring game.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

I hate the Patriot's. I'm a Raider fan who is still bitter over that bad call in overtime in the AFC championship 3 years ago

Thanks for Gruden Love the Pats baby, tho they cant stop the run at them moment
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Pats Baby
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    I hate the Patriot's. I'm a Raider fan who is still bitter over that bad call in overtime in the AFC championship 3 years ago
    :withstupi

It was a fumble god dammit, stupid tuck rule......

Oh, and I'm predicting the Colts to win tonight.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

biased colts fan here, should be a good game, but i pick colts
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

very frutsrating to see it end like that. at least get the pass off and make it more dramatic. we just have no luck against the pats.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Yeah what a heart-breaking 4th quarter for Indy.

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

The least Dillon could have done was get a touchdown. Geez.

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Edgerrin wanted one bad too, that sucked when he fumbled it on the 1 yard line.

He put up some good yards though.

that had to suck for Edge, he wanted it bad especially after losing it in the exact same situation last year. fate is a bitch.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

I really hope the Patriots lose as much as possible this year, as they are definitely the team I hate the most out of any sport. But after looking at the Pats schedule, I'm not feelin' too sure about it. They've gotta have one of the easiest schedules this year. And of course I wanted the Colts to win this game, not only because I dislike the Patriots, but also because the Colts are my favorite team. So it really sucked to see the game end like it did.
    Last edited by mike107; 09-10-2004 at 12:51 AM.

Great game. Sorry Colts fans. Maybe it's time the Colts got a better clutch kicker.
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Banned
    I reall think the Colts beat themselves here. Their defense played well enough to hold New England back a bit and forced 2 punts and got a pair of turnovers, which is very good.

The key was the colts offense... they really could have won it, but
    - 2 key fumbles by Edgerrin James, one on the 1-yard line
    - red zone interception thrown by Manning (picked off by Bruschi)
    - that big sack at the end to force the long field goal... hell, if they'd just RUN the ball Vanderjagt could have made a chip-shot field goal from 35 or 30 yards for the tie. Instead, they go for it all in the wind, and end up missing that 48-yarder

Quote Originally Posted by mike107
    I really hope the Patriots lose as much as possible this year, as they are definitely the team I hate the most out of any sport. But after looking at the Pats schedule, I'm not feelin' too sure about it. They've gotta have one of the easiest schedules this year. And of course I wanted the Colts to win this game, not only because I dislike the Patriots, but also because the Colts are my favorite team. So it really sucked to see the game end like it did.
    Any schedule for them would be easy, especially one with a ****ty team like the Colts. Great game, great 4th quarter, two good teams battled it out and the better team made the big plays when it counted Indianapolis Chokes

*remembers the comeback they put on the Bucs last year*
    Last edited by Y2A; 09-10-2004 at 07:20 AM.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    Great game. Sorry Colts fans. Maybe it's time the Colts got a better clutch kicker.
    yeah he missed a big one here, but i dont see how he is not a clutch kicker.

first example that comes to mind is the 02 season in Denver. he hits a 50 yarder in the snow for the win. add a few of those moments in with the record he set last year, i think he is allowed to miss the occassional 48 yarder.

seems to me all of his kicks looked crappy last night, even his PATs

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan
    I reall think the Colts beat themselves here. Their defense played well enough to hold New England back a bit and forced 2 punts and got a pair of turnovers, which is very good.

The key was the colts offense... they really could have won it, but
    - 2 key fumbles by Edgerrin James, one on the 1-yard line
    - red zone interception thrown by Manning (picked off by Bruschi)
    - that big sack at the end to force the long field goal... hell, if they'd just RUN the ball Vanderjagt could have made a chip-shot field goal from 35 or 30 yards for the tie. Instead, they go for it all in the wind, and end up missing that 48-yarder

their turnovers definately killed them. their defense has always been their achilles heel though.

i still think when its 3rd and 8, and you have one chance to score and win it with a pass before trying for the tie, you go for it. the funny part is that right before that play was executed, Manning told Edge to go to his left, and moved him from blocking his right, which is exactly the side he was sacked from.

oh well, the Pats just have our number. i still predict an 11-5 season for the colts. gotta have D, which they dont.

on a side note, looks like Edge has his cutting skills back, he was moving like he did in 01 before his injury.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

I think the pats will win by a field goal.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    Seeing as I have Corey Dillon and Adam Vinatieri on my wbb fantasy football team I'm hoping the Pats beat the Colts. But since my opponent this week has the Pats defense I hope it's a very high scoring game.
    Lol, I had those same players starting last night.

Max, not a clutch kicker? When you kick 40+ straight at least a few gotta be clutch no?

I think Vinatieri is the definition of Mr. Clutch though.

Great game to watch, I'm an indy fan, but had to root against manning last night. In both my fantasy leagues my opponents had him. Was hoping for all run tds!
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    their turnovers definately killed them. their defense has always been their achilles heel though.

i still think when its 3rd and 8, and you have one chance to score and win it with a pass before trying for the tie, you go for it. the funny part is that right before that play was executed, Manning told Edge to go to his left, and moved him from blocking his right, which is exactly the side he was sacked from.

oh well, the Pats just have our number. i still predict an 11-5 season for the colts. gotta have D, which they dont.

on a side note, looks like Edge has his cutting skills back, he was moving like he did in 01 before his injury.
    Watching Manning call Edge to move to his left, I think it's because Rodney Harrison was showing blitz and he was reading that. Unfortunately, he made the wrong read.

Hindsight is totally 20/20 but I just reckon the sack was the only thing that could have really HURT them in that situation (other than an INT/fumble) and that's exactly what happened.

I thought that the colts D did a good job, actually sacking Brady once, picking him off once and getting numerous pressures on him, forcing some bad throws, and forcing NE to punt 3 times, all of which were pretty good. There were a number of knockdowns of Brady as well, and yeah he's tough and all but if you're taking a dozen hits a game, that's a dozen chances to be injured. I must admit Brady looked good especially in shrugging off that one time Feeney came from behind to try for the sack and he just kind of wriggled loose.

The Colts' defense doesn't NEED to be GOOD. They just need to be average or close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro

Max, not a clutch kicker? When you kick 40+ straight at least a few gotta be clutch no?

Great game to watch, I'm an indy fan, but had to root against manning last night. In both my fantasy leagues my opponents had him. Was hoping for all run tds!
    Yeah, it sucked when the Pats got that sack late in the 4th quarter. Gave my FFB opponent 2 more points.

My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro

Yea clutch. He made didn't make the one that counted. Sorry, a little spoiled here with Mr. Clutch himself. If you are going to proclaim yourself the money player, which is exactly what MJ did last night (with hand signals), then you better split those uprights.
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals