The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How long would it take to see a noticeable difference in size/strength?

Ok im 19.. 145 pounds 5'10.. skinny little guy... and I wanna start working out and I got my routine (sorta) planned out.. im gonna be working out 3-4 times a week.. most likely 3.. and how long do u think the average time in weeks/months would it take to notice a difference? workout for about 45 minutes each time cuz i dont get much time (before I start my classes)

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

For strength you'll notice a difference soon.
    For size you'll see a difference in a while.

You cant really give an exact time because there are too many variables.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

For The Originals...
    it really depends on how much your devoted to working out. If your working out..just two times a week or just a lil margin..you'll see the differences in a while. But if you really work at it..maybe 4/7 (or more) days..you'll notice improvements atleast in a month..(even if it's just a lil improvement....then it'll get better and better every month.

good luck

alrightyyyy...

structure boy either doesnt know what hes talking about, or he hasnt finished what he was saying.

Like adam said, there are far too mayn variables, every one is different. Your body may have to put on little muscle mass inorder to carry the added weight.

To maximaze on both strength and muscle gains, never train the same muscle group when it is sore and/or not fully recovered. My rule is always way 24 hrs after the muscle group has stop being sore before i ever train it again.

It depends on how intense your workout is, the best is to workout untill the point before overtrain. For me this means a total of 7-8 sets + warmups for a certain muscle group.

Just be patient and it will come. Strength gains you should see a strength gain within a month, if not you do not, relook your schedual and diet. Remember never do the EXACT same schedual twice. Always add in a little extra weight or a couple more sets. This is the only way you can improve and the body knows to adapt the growing strain.
    think youve got an edge on me? think again.

Shad

Quote Originally Posted by Structureboi86
    But if you really work at it..maybe 4/7 (or more) days.
    Damn, i must be doing everything all wrong then. Took me 3 years to get to my current size and strength levels.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300