Thread: How much dairy is too much?

How much dairy is too much?

As a woman I know calcium is very important and at the age of 16 I was in a car accident that crushed two of my vertebra (L1 & L2) So with that being said I always pay attention to how much dairy I have in my diet for mainly calcium, but dairy is also one of the things I don't have a problem consuming.

But how much dairy is too much?

I ask because last week when grocery shopping I realized for 1 person...yes just me...half of my grocery cart was filled with dairy products.

I wannabebig!
    how much is too much in regards to what?

well err, depends what your doing doesnt it, all comes down to cutting or bulking i guess, or it would for me, while cutting i tend to keep the dairy down a bit but use it on refeeds i used to drink 2 pints of milk a day when i was growing up now i have the odd glass.

u probably can get calcium pills tho
    PROFILE, COMMENT PLZ
    My Journal

Some would say any dairy is too much

Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

As long as you divide it up, then it is probably safe. I take in just under 6 egg whites, 3 cups of nonfat milk, a cup of nonfat yogurt, and a cup of dry curd a day. That makes up about half of my total protein. I feel that as long as i don't have too much of one thing, more than 300 cal serving, that I must be fine, but there probably isn't much of a limit. I love dairy because of the the fine protein, calcium, barely any saturated fat, barely any cholesterol compared to meat, and NO FIBER. The only thing i am not pleased about is that i bought some stoneyfield organic ff yogurt yesterday and there is some fiber called inulin that adds 3 grams of fiber per serving. What is this world coming to?

Well I drink only skim, I would say I have at least 4-5 serving a day.

Just at maintance...thinking about trying to lose a little more weight, thinking is the key word. My diet guru (thats you Rob) I have talked into trying out South Beach, I think it would fit my lifestyle the best and I know I will have to kick out the dairy Because as I said before finding a diet for me is difficult since I am such a picky eater and slowly I have been changing stuff so that the good habits stick

the most important thing would be making sure your magnesium intake is sufficient for all that calcium, and if its not skim the saturated fat (and calories ob iously)

I still drink milk, but here is a little food for thought: http://www.notmilk.com/
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

i drink a good pint maybe even two of milk each day. does me no harm...

then again each no-one is the same eh.