The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Yogurt vs Cottage Cheese

I have a had time buying cottage cheese due to the fact that I do not eat it everyday and it tends to go bad fast since it is dairy.

My solution to this was to buy yogurt instead as I would eat that daily without getting bored (different flavors) and the such.

My question is I am told that cottage cheese is great right before bed for protien comsumption, does yogurt yeild the same results?

If not what are alternatives (besides shakes).

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

cottage cheese stays fresh in the fridge for atleast 6 weeks
    PROFILE, COMMENT PLZ
    My Journal

can you provide proof of that a link or article, cuz i was under the impression that CC was like milk and it has a short shelf life.

Proof is in the eating Bboy. Check the expiration date before you buy something and keep it refrigerated. Lasts at least as long as exp. date, usually longer.

melt
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Melted that is my point, but then i was questioning if yogurt would yeild the same slow digestive pre bed snack as cc

Yogurt is high in sugar and much lower in protein, something like 4 or 5 grams a serving. It just won't do. Eat the cheese.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Banned
    The nutritional breakdown of cottage cheese (especially dry cottage cheese) is just far superior to yogurt...that's really the only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    The nutritional breakdown of cottage cheese (especially dry cottage cheese) is just far superior to yogurt...that's really the only difference.
    what he said.. also the yogurt usually has sugars and 20some more carbs atleast. cottage cheese will be much better before going to bed. I take some every night.

If you want a very good all natural yogurt.No preservatives or artificial sweetners. NOt sure if they have it in your area but stonyfield brand yogurt is 100% organic and tastes better then any yogurt i've ever had too! The fat free ones are the ones i'am talking about very good!
    Last edited by waynis; 09-13-2004 at 06:21 PM.
    Never Giving In.

I prefer plain non-fat yogurt for breakfast (with a blended protein powder). The bacteria contained within it primes your digestive tract.

According to some sources the carbs in yogurt (most specifically, plain), are minimized by this bacteria. I haven't bothered to verify this further because it has always fit within the boundaries of my diet.

Bonus: As someone who is lactose interolant, I've noticed that I can eat cottage cheese as a second meal and not have any discomfort if the first was yogurt.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    put the cottage cheese in the blender and make a drink/dessert

there are many different ways to do it that don't get boring

mix in any combination of yougurt + ice + juice

I make some strawberry creations that taste like milk shakes and are low in carbs

Galileo, You put yogurt in the blender with a whey shake to wake your body from canabolism? or just cuz you like the taste

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy486
    Galileo, You put yogurt in the blender with a whey shake to wake your body from canabolism? or just cuz you like the taste
    I use yogurt because I've been reading good things about it, it fits within the confines of my diet, and when mixed with most protein powders I can't taste it at all. Generally speaking I have :

∑ 8oz plain non-fat yogurt
    ∑ 1 scoop protein blend (micellar casein, egg, whey)
    ∑ Handful of frozen berries (varies from day to day)

No blender, just a spoon. The breakdown for this meal is :
    220 calories - 0g fat, 22g carbs [1g fiber], 34g protein

For my intents and purposes this is a perfect first meal.
    Last edited by galileo; 09-14-2004 at 12:56 PM.

Down with the Sickness
    MMMMMMMM Cottage cheese and stawberrys