The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Time off = Motivation

I'm at the end of a two week time off (partially due to a cold I'm fighting, partially because I've not taken any time off since June) and let me tell you I'm screaming to get back to the Gym.

Not only does the getting "soft" drive me nuts, but i'm bored. All of a sudden I have this extra time after work, with nothing to do.
    And TV sucks at that time of day.

So, here's my advice if your workouts are dragging... go ahead and stop for a week, maybe two. And when you go back you'll be ready to kick some A$$.

Of course, you will all get to hear about how sore I am on Monday
    Three people can keep a secret so long as two of them are dead

- Benjamin Franklin

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Ya; I'm in your shoes as well. Tryed to workout on Monday, but it just wasn't there. So I left and am taking a week off.

See, I'm already set to tear things apart on my three rest days a week. I don't think the world would be ready for me to take a week off.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    I never lose my drive.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

For me its the opposite. I find that if i take a week off im less motivatied to get goin again. But regardless, i find the benefits of takina a week or two off far outweighs the drawback. i find after taking some time off i become solid and when i get back to the gym my lifts go up..

I have a friend who is a good bodybuilder but if he misses a day he says he is in trouble. So his secret is working out everyday or almost everyday. I know he takes a day off when he wants it. He stays motivated by acting. Many people just don't act upon what they want. Especially in bodybuilding where many say working out a couple of days in a row leads to overtraining.

I definately take a week off, or at least 3/4 of a week off, every 8 weeks. One week has never caused me to gain a pound or lose muscle, and the renewed vigor I feel is outstanding. Usually it coincides with starting a new training split too, which doubles up on the internal fire.
    There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back.

time off increase my motivation for sure
    upper chest freak

how often do you recommend taking a week off?
    ive heard from every month to every 3 months

i take it easy...(not necessarily off) one week a month.....but unless i'm seriously overtraining and my joints hurt or i'm feeling like garbage, i don't skip. (or i'm on vacation or something)
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I just got back at it after taking a... um... a 16 month break from cardio. I hate cardio. It feels good to be back on the ice but I've needed to cut way back on my lifting. I don't like that. Stupid body... not recovering fast enough. What's the deal?
    "We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected."
    -Henry David Thoreau

"For the last ten years, Saddam has been building, stockpiling and hiding weapons all over the ****in desert, while laughing at the UN. As soon as Bush says, 'That's it we're comin in to kick your ass,' and the UN is inches away from supporting him. Saddam turns around and says, 'Um... United Nations.... sure, we'll let the weapons inspectors in.... no terms or conditions.' The United Nations.... being the left-wing, pansy-ass, limp-wristed, liberal bastards they are, turn around and believe him."
    -Col. Foreman, USAF

email: tadger@wannabebig.com
    secure email: tadger@cyber-rights.net