Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing Up.

FroMo's PSMF & Mansecks Extravaganza!

Hey ya'll. Long time no see. These past few months have been the hardest I've ever gone through. Back when I last posted, I was doing really well for myself in most of my aspects of life. It all came crashing down pretty fast, though, hence my long absence. I apologize to all of you that were supporting me. I should've offered an explanation for my departure.

Anyway, I guess I'll bring you up to speed. When summer started, I broke up with my girlfriend. She had moved back to Houston for the summer, and I was having a really hard time dealing with a distance relationship. On top of that, *every* other important person in my life wanted me to end it. It was very difficult because I loved (and still love) her so much, and all of my friends and family disapproved of her. I had to choose between the girl I loved and my family and friends. I think I made the right decision by choosing my family and friends, but it sent me into a pretty severe depression. I stopped working out, I started drinking heavily, and neglected just about all responsibility that existed in my life.

I also found out that I was taking everything else I had for granted. All of my life, my parents have been well-off, and have supported me heavily. Well, shortly after my girlfriend and I split, my mom resigned from her job and turned everything around for me. I'm no longer on the easy road. I'm finally having to take responsibility for myself. Its time for me to grow up.

So what exactly does this mean to me? Well, I've no longer been drinking. I'm really doing my damndest to stay sober and on top of things. I've also been seeking employment just about everywhere I can think of here in Corpus Christi. I've started really busting my ass in school, because I might as well get all I can out of the education I'm paying for. Last, but certainly not least, I'm lifting and dieting again. It has been a very tough and trying transition for me, but every day I'm feeling better and better about myself.

A few nights ago, I was browsing one of my old journals, and I compiled a collection of quotes by some of you who posted in my journal and a few that I made. I read them every day, and they have been an enormous source of inspiration for me. Thank you for all who have posted in my previous journals. It hasn't fallen on deaf ears.

So, I'm giving it another go. I feel like I've matured into a very different person, but I still feel the drive I had the first day I started lifting. Let's get it started.
    Last edited by Frozenmoses; 11-15-2004 at 05:32 PM.

Good luck buddy. Here's something to chew on: "A day without pushing yourself is a wasted day."

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Chubrock - Thanks a bunch, bro. Very good advice indeed.

Went and lifted today. Did back/bi's, but I didn't have anything to write on so I don't remember what exactly I did. I went and bought a new journal afterwards, however, so expect to be seeing some numbers tomorrow.

Well good luck with your goals.

Drinking lowers your test anyways.

And on the third month teh chuy rose again....

glad you're back. Funny how these things can light a fire under your a55. I have faith in you. A word of advice, your past trials are a symbol of your resilience. It's amazing how, as bad as things may get, we manage to snap out of them. Good on you for it. Time to kick some a55.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Welcome back Mo. Glad your back and here to stay.

Can't say much that hasn't been said already so let me be the first to double you.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Piz - Good call, drunks always cry anyway.

ecjoto - Good to be back. Can't wait to get back to heckling joo.

Mik - Good to be back, hombre.

Stash - Right back at ya.

Aight, first entry!

9/20

Exercise: Chest and Tri's

Flat DB Bench @ 55 lbs: 5, @ 45 lbs: 7.5
    BW Dips: 5.5, 3.5
    Pec Dec Flyes @ 70 lbs: 8, @ 80 lbs: 8
    V Bar Pushdowns @ 70 lbs: 6, @ 60 lbs: 6
    Advanced Incline Chest Press @ 50 lbs: 6, @ 70: 6
    Smith Decline Press @ 45/side: 6, @ 55/side: 3.5

15 mins on eliptical trainer, 0 resistance, 128 cals burned.

Not too bad of a training day, I suppose. Strength loss was to be expected. It'll come back sooner than later, tho. All is well.

Diet:
    Meal 1: 1 slice WW bread, 1 tbsp grape jelly, 1 tbsp natty pb, 1 cup skim milk, multi vitamin.
    Meal 2: Pre Workout: 4 rolls of smarties. Post Workout: 1.5 scoops Muscle Milk.
    Meal 3: 2/3 cup brown rice, 2 oz cooked beef steak.
    Meal 4: 2/3 cup brown rice, 2 oz cooked pork.
    Meal 5: 2 slices WW bread, 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 oz cooked pork, 2 slices bacon.
    Meal 6: 2/3 cup brown rice, 2 oz pork, 1 cup skim milk.

Cals - 2171
    Fat - 74 g
    Carbs - 225 g
    Protein - 152 g

Not a bad diet day at all. Most of my meals filled me pretty well, and it was kept pretty dang clean if I do say so myself.
    Last edited by Frozenmoses; 09-20-2004 at 09:40 PM.

Ok, gonna post some pics, too. I'm sure ya'll are just itching to see my out-of-shape ass anyway. As you will see, I'm a tub. I'm currently at ~177. By November 20, I hope to be in the 160-163 range. Here ya go!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good to see ya back with a new vigor fromo!! First diet and session posted looks godd. You're on the right track!!
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Very glad to see you're back fromo. My condolences on all that has happened to you in the recent months, but it sounds like reality is an important place for you to live in for a while.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything!

The world is yours FroMo and don't forget it...them growings pains are the price to pay as you rise to the next level.

Justin - Good to see ya again, cabron. And it's definitely good to be back.

Galile0rz - Thanks for dropping in, bud. I appreciate the support. I might be hitting you up for some keto advice in the near future

CoCoa - Very solid words. I appreciate them!

9/21

Morning Weight: 176.5

Exercise:

Did some pretty intense forearm and oblique work. Arms feel popeye'd. Killa'.

20 mins on eliptical trainer, 0 resistance, ~200 cals burned.

My flare for enjoying cardio is starting to come back. Maybe its because I'm not using any resistance just yet. I think I'll start adding some on Thursday, depending on how sore I make my legs tomorrow.

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 slice WW bread, 1 tbsp natty pb, 1 tbsp jelly, 1 cup skim milk, multivitamin.
    Meal 2: Pre Workout: 4 packs of smarties. Post Workout: 1.5 scoops of Muscle Milk.
    Meal 3: 2/3 cup brown rice, 4 oz chicken breast.
    Meal 4: 1 slice WW bread, 2 oz chicken breast.
    Meal 5: 2 slices WW bread, 4 oz chicken breast.
    Meal 6: 1 slice WW bread, 1 tbsp natty pb, 1 tbsp jelly, 1 cup skim milk
    Meal 7: 1.5 scoops Muscle Milk, 2 cups skim milk, 1 tbsp natty pb, 5 FOC's.

Cals: 2205
    Fat: 74 g
    Carbs: 220 g
    Protein: 178 g

Really good diet day today. Was nice to fit an extra meal in there and still be good on cals. Vroom vroom metabolism!
    Last edited by Frozenmoses; 09-22-2004 at 12:02 AM.

w00t! Someone's serious! Cardio and everything!!
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Justin - LOL, that's what I'm sayin!

Kinda weird, I woke up this morning and did my usual morning weigh-in. I clocked in at 168.5. That's a pretty drastic jump from the 176.5 I came in at yesterday. I'm gonna guess it's a mix of low water-intake yesterday, along with the fact that I'm cutting and water is usually the first to go? I dunno, very strange. Anyway, gonna boost the water intake today and see where it puts me tomorrow. If I'm still around this area tomorrow, I may have to reevaluate how much I wanna be weighing in at in 2 months.

9/22

Morning weight - 168.5 (wtf?!)

Exercise:

DB Lunges @ 35 lbs: 8/8, @ 45 lbs: 8/8, @ 50 lbs: 6/6
    Hyperextensions @ BW: 10, +10 lbs: 10, +25 lbs: 10
    Calf Presses @ 220 lbs: 10, @ 240 lbs: 10, @ 250 lbs: 10
    Lying Single Leg Curls @ 40 lbs: 8/8, @ 45 lbs: 8/8

Pretty good leg day I think. I could've crushed ec's joto head between my buttcheeks during the last set of lunges. I absolutely hate leg curls, but these weren't so bad. I had planned on doing some leg extensions but the peanut gallery was busy having gay monkey sex on the machine. One of 'em looked like Mik. The other looked like Justin. Coincidence?

Was gonna try some cardio, but then said eff it. Legs were already rubbery after lifting.

Diet:

Meal 1: 2 slices WW bread, 2 strips of bacon, 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 oz pork, 1 cup skim milk, multi vitamin.
    Meal 2: 2 slices WW bread, 4 oz ground turkey.
    Meal 3: Pre Workout: 4 rolls of smarties, Post Workout: 1.5 scoops Muscle Milk
    Meal 4: 2/3 cup brown rice, 4 oz ground turkey.
    Meal 5: 1 slice WW bread, 4 oz chicken breast.
    Meal 6: 2/3 cup brown rice, 2 oz pork.
    Meal 7: 1 slice WW bread, 1 tbsp natty pb, 1 tbsp jelly, 1 cup skim milk, 5 FOC's.

Ace diet again today. I like this 7 meals a day biznass. I think I might do 8 when I finally get around to bulking. Anyway, booya metabolism. I drank an assload of water today, so hopefully I'll clock in in the mid 170's tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Frozenmoses; 09-22-2004 at 09:58 PM.

Still debating on how I'm going to try progressing in my workouts since I'm cutting. I'm thinking I'm going to do an exact repeat of the previous week, only trying to add 2 reps to each lift. The following week, I will then step the weight up again, wash, rinse, repeat. Any suggestions?

Nice work fromo...i dont think I have talked to you before but...good luck with everything that you are doing...and i hope it all works out for ya.

Hey bro, welcome to my journal. I appreciate the vote of confidence. You got a journal I can spam?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBRI
    Nice work fromo...i dont think I have talked to you before but...good luck with everything that you are doing...and i hope it all works out for ya.
    I suggest you continue to add weight until you've hit a point where adding more will cause your form to break. During a layoff a couple things happen -
    Your nervous system rearranges itself to perform the most common activities that you need to do. This occurs when you workout, causing strength gain without muscle gain. Commonly referred to as "synaptic facilitation," this will allow you to add strength regardless of caloric intake.
    Your body is primed for muscle gain. Since you've been off for a while, your body may very well use short-term caloric overages toward muscle, while you maintain an overall deficit. Not something that happens for very long, but you'll take advantage of it if you utilize some form of progressive overload.

So in short, don't stick with the same weights unless you can't maintain proper form.

Galil30r - Woah, I had no idea. Very cool and intersting info. I'll definitely do as you recommend. Much appreciated, broseph.

funny you should ask...title..."long road to 15% and 225" that is the title of my journal...i needs all the spam i can get