The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Full Body hit workouts

I have been doing some reading on the orginal hit theories of ellington darden(sp?) and arthur jones and ive noticed that they orginally subscribed to 3 full body workouts a week. Later they said 1-2 would be better. I know that most people that use hit these days do different splits, like mentzer describes or as dorian has, but i was wondering if anyone did full body or even a upper/lower split for hit workouts. I am starting to do these using mostly compounds, like squats, sldl, incline bench, dips, rows, chins, db militaries, and maybe a set or two of direct arm work. These excercises are split into two different workouts that are done every 4-5 days. I may switch into an upper/lower split later on. Each excercise is done with 1 set to complete failrue and supersets are occasionalyl used. anyone ever done anything like this?
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

bump, im currently doing the upper lower

lol ill bump it one last time

BigNic I do these by default sometimes, limited time. It seems to work fairly well I focus less on arms. I'm not sure if its quite the same I do more volume than one set to failure, but I think from what I know it should work.

Ummm... you are BIGNIC.....as in, whatever you do, you are BIG!

lol i guess

Wannabebig Member
    BigNic, I have been doing a full body workout 3x/week with a lot of success. My gains seemed to hit a wall about a month ago so I decided to switch it up and try the full body workout. I've put on a solid 7 lbs this month almost all LBM.

I read somewhere not to go to failure because the body cannot recovery fast enouph for 3x/week. So I have been doing 2 works sets stopping a rep short of failure. For Sqaut, chins and bench I also include a drop sets at about 65-70% of my working weight.

My exercises (in order) are:
    Squats, chins,bench, row,dips,mil press, calf raise(2sets)
    SLDL,curl, tri extention (1 set or skip depending on how feel)

Current Max
    Bench: 275
    Squat: 310
    Dead: 285
    5'8" 170lb

Bumper sticker: Drive it like you stole it.

Wannabebig Member
    Forgot to add that the full body workouts gets boring. Doing the same workout every days is not for me. I am going back to my old 4 day split but I'll probably doing the full body workout again based on the results.

Current Max
    Bench: 275
    Squat: 310
    Dead: 285
    5'8" 170lb

Bumper sticker: Drive it like you stole it.

I do a sort of full body HIT workout every 5-7 days and have had great results over the last 1.5 years. I do deadlifts on separate days though from the full body workout as I can't bear doing deads before or after squats for the day.

Bignic--

I use a full body routine, 2-3 days per week. Once you get past the initial conditioning of working out your legs along with the other major muscles, it becomes a bit 'easier'. It was extremely hard for me to continue a workout for the rest of my body after doing a death set of full squats, but like everything, you eventually adapt, and it's an adaptation that is well worth the work, IMO.

thanks guys, i actually cut it into a upper. lower split but im liking it alot.