Thread: Full Body hit workouts

Full Body hit workouts

I have been doing some reading on the orginal hit theories of ellington darden(sp?) and arthur jones and ive noticed that they orginally subscribed to 3 full body workouts a week. Later they said 1-2 would be better. I know that most people that use hit these days do different splits, like mentzer describes or as dorian has, but i was wondering if anyone did full body or even a upper/lower split for hit workouts. I am starting to do these using mostly compounds, like squats, sldl, incline bench, dips, rows, chins, db militaries, and maybe a set or two of direct arm work. These excercises are split into two different workouts that are done every 4-5 days. I may switch into an upper/lower split later on. Each excercise is done with 1 set to complete failrue and supersets are occasionalyl used. anyone ever done anything like this?
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

bump, im currently doing the upper lower

lol ill bump it one last time

BigNic I do these by default sometimes, limited time. It seems to work fairly well I focus less on arms. I'm not sure if its quite the same I do more volume than one set to failure, but I think from what I know it should work.

Ummm... you are BIGNIC.....as in, whatever you do, you are BIG!

lol i guess

Wannabebig Member
    BigNic, I have been doing a full body workout 3x/week with a lot of success. My gains seemed to hit a wall about a month ago so I decided to switch it up and try the full body workout. I've put on a solid 7 lbs this month almost all LBM.

I read somewhere not to go to failure because the body cannot recovery fast enouph for 3x/week. So I have been doing 2 works sets stopping a rep short of failure. For Sqaut, chins and bench I also include a drop sets at about 65-70% of my working weight.

My exercises (in order) are:
    Squats, chins,bench, row,dips,mil press, calf raise(2sets)
    SLDL,curl, tri extention (1 set or skip depending on how feel)

Current Max
    Bench: 275
    Squat: 310
    Dead: 285
    5'8" 170lb

Bumper sticker: Drive it like you stole it.

Wannabebig Member
    Forgot to add that the full body workouts gets boring. Doing the same workout every days is not for me. I am going back to my old 4 day split but I'll probably doing the full body workout again based on the results.

Current Max
    Bench: 275
    Squat: 310
    Dead: 285
    5'8" 170lb

Bumper sticker: Drive it like you stole it.

I do a sort of full body HIT workout every 5-7 days and have had great results over the last 1.5 years. I do deadlifts on separate days though from the full body workout as I can't bear doing deads before or after squats for the day.

Bignic--

I use a full body routine, 2-3 days per week. Once you get past the initial conditioning of working out your legs along with the other major muscles, it becomes a bit 'easier'. It was extremely hard for me to continue a workout for the rest of my body after doing a death set of full squats, but like everything, you eventually adapt, and it's an adaptation that is well worth the work, IMO.

thanks guys, i actually cut it into a upper. lower split but im liking it alot.