Thread: Changing routine up a bit, Need advice

Banned

Changing routine up a bit, Need advice

I've read that it's good to change your workout routine every now and then to prevent hindering growth. I was wondering how often some of you change your routines. Is it a matter of substituting one exercise with a comparable exercise for a given body part, changing the number of sets and reps for a given exercise, the order in which you perform the exercise...? I realize it can be a combination of different things. Maybe some of you could give me an example of one of your workouts. What was your routine before your last change compared to what you are currently doing. No need to list your entire workout regime but maybe just a couple of body parts to give me a good idea.
    I have been on the WBB1 routine now for 10 weeks and plan on working up a new workout schedule at the end of 12 weeks. I work out 3 times a week and have stuck to the number of sets/reps outlined in the routine article. I have made some gains and continue to make some progress but I really want to get serious about this and my current routine, although it has been very beneficial to me so far, is getting "old". Any examples would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Mr. ?; 09-23-2004 at 01:45 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    I change my routine whenever I stop making gains. I stuck with one routine for almost 3 months because the weight kept increasing each week. Now I switch routines every 4-6 weeks.

You need to try several routines and find what works best for you. Chris Mason wrote a great article on a routine to try. Here's the link:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=155

Also do a google seach for HIT, Max-OT and HST.

Current Max
    Bench: 275
    Squat: 310
    Dead: 285
    5'8" 170lb

Bumper sticker: Drive it like you stole it.