Thread: Leg Day

Leg Day

Right now I'm rewriting my leg day excercises. So far, for sure, I have:
    1) Squat
    2) Good Mornings
    3) Leg extension...
    I was wondering if I should do hack squat right after squat or not. I need a little help with my leg day--I love legs--but it's the hardest day for me to formulate an excercise routine for.

how about some calf raises?

6'1" 175
    I thought Good mornings were a lower back exercise and well, WWB1 has hack squats right after regular squats. Why don't you throw in some SLDLs or leg curls?
    Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f**king big television.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Nothing wrong with leg press or lunges. I'd do them after the squat and save leg extensions for last.

i like Squats/leg press/ SLDL
    or Deadlift/ front squat/ lunges

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Right now I'm doing Front Squat/Leg Press/Lunges/Leg Curls/Calf Raises
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Anyone here do the reverse calf raises? Like, the common one is to do calf raises where you are pushing up with the front of your foot, but I saw somewhere where they suggest doing it both ways--you also do it the way where your heel is constantly touching and your toes go up and down.

Wannabebig Member
    Anyone here do the reverse calf raises? Like, the common one is to do calf raises where you are pushing up with the front of your foot, but I saw somewhere where they suggest doing it both ways--you also do it the way where your heel is constantly touching and your toes go up and down.
    I do these....works your shins doesn't it?

Here's what I have so far, please take a look:

Claves:

Thighs - Hips

I'm also confused when people talk about "hack squat." I always thought the machine was called hack squat, but now I notice that it's also a hack squat if you have the BB behind your ankles (like a reverse deadlift), so when people talk about hack squats (like WBB#1) are they referring to the machine or the BB. Should I do the BB hack squats right after normal squating?
    Last edited by PhilsterT; 05-03-2005 at 11:25 PM.

Banned
    that is way too many exercises

I don't do all of them. I usually pick to do like 4-5 a week (for each muscle group) and then every few months do a different 4-5 (keep some of them the same, like squat for example).
    Last edited by PhilsterT; 05-04-2005 at 07:29 AM.

Slaughter of the Soul METALASIAN's Avatar
    The freeweight hack squat is a squat behind your legs, however there is a hack squat machine as well.

Wannabebig Member
    I ususally warm up the quads with 2 sets of light leg extentions, then go do 1 warmup set of Squats with 3 heavy sets, move on to Leg Press for 3-4 sets, then 3 sets of lunges and finish it up with more leg extentions and hamstring curls, and calves to end the session. Legs are the biggest muscle group work them hard!