Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video of me deadlifting 600 without a belt

Video of me deadlifting 600 without a belt

Well, just what the title says. I pulled 600 in conventional style with nothing but hand chalk. I had a bit more in me as well.

http://www.wannabebig.com/vids/Chris...%20-%20600.mov

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

damn chris, what are your pulling goals right now?
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

Banned
    cool but what's with all the little hip-bobs before the pull? Just getting into your groove? something else?

Do that voodoo that he do

*ambushes Chris with the crowbar to the knee*

Good lift, man.

Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Chris, I know you're wife is on the left side lifting it, I can't believe you tried to pull this
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

The gyrations are just my way of mentally preparing for the lift. It is a bit comical I admit.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

A bit comical???

Nice lift, Chris. But I really think you should take it easy for awhile so you don't aggrevate your back.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

I'm surprised at how high your hips are when you start the lift. Seems like it's all back, and very little leg drive. Is this how most people do their deadlifts? For some reason, I'd imagine your hips starting lower, so you could use more leg drive, but then again, I don't deadlift.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    I'm surprised at how high your hips are when you start the lift. Seems like it's all back, and very little leg drive. Is this how most people do their deadlifts? For some reason, I'd imagine your hips starting lower, so you could use more leg drive, but then again, I don't deadlift.
    That is a common misconeption in the deadlift. The muscles that deadlift big weights are: Hamstrings, Back, and Hips. Not your quads. I think Chris had a very good stance.

Deadlift style is very individual. Some people use much more leg drive and other much more lower back.

Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    That is a common misconeption in the deadlift. The muscles that deadlift big weights are: Hamstrings, Back, and Hips. Not your quads. I think Chris had a very good stance.

Thank you.

Chris your tha man.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    Deadlift style is very individual. Some people use much more leg drive and other much more lower back.
    I really don't see how you could ever use more leg than back on deadlift. Using your back is simply more efficient.

jesus christ, just watched the video, and god damn you were using soo much back you could have almost called that a straight legged deadlift!

Procrastinator
    I feel like such a puss

this thread should be renamed "chris' a$$!"

lol good lift man, made my back hurt just watchin.

i personally start with more leg drive to get the weight up then pull up from there, but as you say, very indivual lift.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

You look leaner every time I see you! Nice DL.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Quote Originally Posted by staggard
    I feel like such a puss
    LMAO, I cracked up when I read that. Couldnt help but laugh @ that one.

I tried downloading the video but for some damn reason it wouldnt let me watch it. From what I've seen from other comments you had a curve in your back & used all back while lifting 600. Put you in a powerlifting suit & keep your back straight I'd be willing to bet you'd break 700. From previous pics I've seen you have one hell of a back on ya. Good job on the lift even though I didnt get to see it.
    Southern Pride !

Well, I don't think I would be busting 700 as of quite yet, but who knows? I have never tried a deadlift suit, it might help me quite a bit.

In any event, I don't think it is quite as extreme as is being represented here.

You need to have QuickTime in order to watch the video. That may be your problem J.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    You look leaner every time I see you! Nice DL.

Thank you. Actually, I am in the process of trying to reverse that trend a bit. I want to add 10 lbs or so. Unfortunately not all of it will be muscle...

Quote Originally Posted by SalahG

I see.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

how that is a lot of back....that jsut looks like it hurts, in anycase nicely done

Impressive! Your form looks similar to my deads http://wannabebig.com/vids/adam/adam405x2deadmay2.AVI
    Also, looks like you've lost a TON of fat in the last few months!
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Quote Originally Posted by Adam MacKinnon
    ...Also, looks like you've lost a TON of fat in the last few months!
    Agree. Now we cant poke fun at your flubber, just your hairyness.

Nice lift Chris, very impressive
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison