The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Anyone use Hammer Strenght WG Bench and Regular BB bench?

If you use both BB Bench and Hammer Strength Wide Grip Bench (or have in the past) I was wondering what you think the relation is to each other in terms of weight.

I haven't bb benched in years and just wondering what kinda ballpark it would be, strictly outta curiosity.

I'm aware of all the synergistic muscles and all that jazz. But if you BB Bench and HS Bench how much do you do on both so I can ballpark my efforts.

Based on how I remember a BB feeling this is what I'd guess the relationship is like:
    180lbs on HS = 135lbs on BB
    270lbs on HS = 160lbs on BB
    360lbs on HS = 225lbs on BB
    450lbs on HS = 260lbs on BB

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Is that the hammer strength where each arm moves by itself?

yah, a machine like this:

Banned
    I think all of the machines are different, but for the one I use, it's much closer to a 1:1 ratio (with the hammer strength machine being only slightly easier). Our machines MUST be different though (or you're counting the hammer strength bar as weighing quite a bit) because 180 lbs on my hammer strength (2 plates/side) is nowhere near 135lb barbell...it's more like 165-175lb barbell.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    If you use both BB Bench and Hammer Strength Wide Grip Bench (or have in the past) I was wondering what you think the relation is to each other in terms of weight.

I haven't bb benched in years and just wondering what kinda ballpark it would be, strictly outta curiosity.

I'm aware of all the synergistic muscles and all that jazz. But if you BB Bench and HS Bench how much do you do on both so I can ballpark my efforts.

Based on how I remember a BB feeling this is what I'd guess the relationship is like:
    180lbs on HS = 135lbs on BB
    270lbs on HS = 160lbs on BB
    360lbs on HS = 225lbs on BB
    450lbs on HS = 260lbs on BB
    Geoff,

One data point for you.

360lbs on HS = 205lbs on BB

I agree all machines are different, thats why I'm asking in particular about the HammerStrength Wide Grip Bench

I wasn't counting machine bar weight, which btw is 2lbs according to the HS website.

Its gotta be a huge difference because I'm repping with 380-425 pounds (4+ plates per side) and although I haven't benched in a really long time, I doubt I'd even be able to rep with 300...but I suppose I could be wrong...

Banned
    Yeah, I'll just stop posting in this thread because clearly my data isn't on par, lol.

We're definitely using much different machines because I was thinking to myself "how is he even coming up with those data points for that much weight? there's no way he can actually be lifting that much". Albeit my pressing strength is fairly pathetic, I'm not even sure that I could do a single with 3 plates/side on my machine.