The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wannabebig Member

Do you have more confidence with girls because you bodybuild?

When I was in my early teens and was super skinny (130lbs or so) I didn't have much confidence when talking to the opposite sex. I felt intimidated and weak.

Now, at age 22, I weigh 210 (recently dropped from 240) but still have some confidence issues. I seem to be intimidating to girls in the way that they think I'm gonna hit them or something. A few people have mentioned this to me.

I was wondering if having a ripped body helps your confidence since you know that you look good?

Anyways, this thread probably seems weird so don't hold it against me.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Yeah, it helps me a lot.

I was never really confident until I played football and got into working out. The more I lifted, the bigger I got, and the better I felt. Girls noticed my body (and my natural good looks ), and talked to me more and vice versa. I felt I could go up and chat with any chick, and if I got rejected, no biggie. Move on.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

about every singel girl ive ever kissed or touched, yes, 100% because of the bodybuilding and my norwegian boyish charm, wich frankly, very few women can resist, i also combine the puppy eyes and huge ass arms factor, wich makes a pretty formidiable predator.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    lol, nicely put, Rock.

Rock, may I be your padawan learner?

I recall many a day commenting something to the effect of "my quads look like your ass- firm and stellar. Wanna touch my peepee?".

I'm adventurous!
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

Wannabebig New Member
    Yes Brew ... immensely .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Organichu, you are now my padawan, get angry, train real hard, eat like a horse, never again care about the word taste, if it got protein, you eat it.

Go out, keep your hair manly, old fashion, van damme-early arnold style, use jeans and a tight shirt, find a club, dance, if you dance with a girl, tickle her on the backside of her knee, use norwegian boyish charm.

aah what the hell do I know

but you know, one time, I was a dancin, in a club, and 4 girls were standing against me, and I grabbed every girls ass, like for 5straight minutes

1 ass was tight and soft
    1 ass was real hard and was that really a girl? gotta feel that one again
    1 ass was big and dreamy
    1 ass was kinda old, yeah real old

anyways, clubs are fun
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

I've always been confident with girls even when i didnt work out (120lb lol), but i had that russian face to go a long with it, i think thatts what helped methe most. But after working out i feel that more confident about my looks.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality
    I seem to be intimidating to girls in the way that they think I'm gonna hit them or something. A few people have mentioned this to me.
    Hmm, seek help?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Frank Zane-ification
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality
    Now, at age 22, I weigh 210 (recently dropped from 240) but still have some confidence issues. I seem to be intimidating to girls in the way that they think I'm gonna hit them or something. A few people have mentioned this to me.
    Um yeah, try smiling compulsively all the time, and be extremely nice...that's a serious issue, man.
    "Hey skinny, I can see your ribs!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

I can't talk to girls at all, maybe the fact that I was always skinny kind of stuck with me and I still think girls wouldn't even look at me twice, so unless a girl approaches me first I won't start a conversation.
    oh and alcohol helps.
    self improvement is masturbation.. maybe self destruction is the answer - space monkey.

Frank Zane-ification
    ^^^^^^

Girls find confidence attractive, and that's not it. You have to suck it up, and go talk to them.
    "Hey skinny, I can see your ribs!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

I think that people mistake Brew's hulking, friendly smile for drunken rage.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    Organichu, you are now my padawan, get angry, train real hard, eat like a horse, never again care about the word taste, if it got protein, you eat it.

Go out, keep your hair manly, old fashion, van damme-early arnold style, use jeans and a tight shirt, find a club, dance, if you dance with a girl, tickle her on the backside of her knee, use norwegian boyish charm.

aah what the hell do I know

but you know, one time, I was a dancin, in a club, and 4 girls were standing against me, and I grabbed every girls ass, like for 5straight minutes

1 ass was tight and soft
    1 ass was real hard and was that really a girl? gotta feel that one again
    1 ass was big and dreamy
    1 ass was kinda old, yeah real old

anyways, clubs are fun

Big
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Go out, keep your hair manly, old fashion, van damme-early arnold style, use jeans and a tight shirt.
    +1
    Last edited by Den Fisher; 09-18-2004 at 08:57 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    I've been good with people and able to easily approach most people to strike a conversation

girls are different, it takes a little more courage

lifting has helped, both men and women notice the changes I've made to myself and my life style
    also I've taken extra measures for grooming and fashion
    with all this added up, talking to almost any girl isn't a problem
    I guess working at a cafe also has something to do with it, I usually flirt with my customers
    Last edited by min; 09-19-2004 at 01:39 AM.

hehe guys I am just bullshaiting, I dont know nothing, I just do my lolita boy thingy

lol funny thread

i never initiate conversation. i really should though cuz i must seem like an ass who's too good to talk with anyone or something lol i need help

3:16
    hehe guys I am just bullshaiting, I dont know nothing, I just do my lolita boy thingy
    if you wonder what hes on about. do not type "lolita boy" on a search page especially at work.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

3:16
    not to sure how much it helps beuing muscley.
    i am more confident.
    however the women I meet on one night stands like a man with muscle most of the time. though my grilfriends like me for my personality!

what kind of thing is to base a relationship on my personality? lol
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Quote Originally Posted by antek
    I can't talk to girls at all, maybe the fact that I was always skinny kind of stuck with me and I still think girls wouldn't even look at me twice, so unless a girl approaches me first I won't start a conversation.
    oh and alcohol helps.
    Im not gay, but youre one sexy bastard, how could you not be able to talk to girls?

To the original dude, Im niether big nor ripped, just in decent shape (formerly teh fat boy) and yeah it has upped my confidence 1000% in basically all areas, not just w/women.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

well learn what girl you cant waste time on, because they wont like you anyway.

For me it is

1. rich girls, you know the ubermench type, smell all good but empty inside, even tough their private french teacher told them while squirting on them, that, they are infact good in french, ( they arent really)

= I am nothing in their book, not even air, and I never ever bother talk to them, I wont even respond to them if they ask me what the clock is.

2. gothic girls, girls with rasta hair, piercings or tattoos, with the whole I know everything and they live for ramstein and lord of the rings or sit some where and draw elves, and somehow, tie that to being a rebell, what?who?

= they hate me, I am the dude who watch van damme movies and go, whammo jeanie!, and therefor I dont do it for them, well guess what girl I digg black sabbath more than you will ever know, but ofcourse, you are too busy drawing elves and linking that to your superior intelligence, you also imagine the elves in SS suits, yuky girl.

3. The mellower type of the girls mentioned above, the flower power music girl who is in love with all the members of slipknot and red hot chili peppers

= I am just not cool enough, you gotta have your hair straight up or something, watch the faigot patrol or whatever.

4. The uber metrosexual girl

= this girl in particular cant stand me, she pukes at me, but who are you, but a shell of stupid looking clothes and cheap coffee smell

Thats my list, and not approaching these girls, saves me alot of time, and also increases my chances of meeting a nice girl by a 100%

Definitely. Girls like muscles.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

4. The uber metrosexual girl

= this girl in particular cant stand me, she pukes at me, but who are you, but a shell of stupid looking clothes and cheap coffee smell

Thats my list, and not approaching these girls, saves me alot of time, and also increases my chances of meeting a nice girl by a 100%
    Nothing wrong with a metrosexual
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Get married. Haven't been hit on so much in my entire life. Wether it's the wedding ring or the attitude that goes with it, I don't know. Ever since I got married women are all over me. With or without the wife there. Not that I have or ever will act on this but damn, where the he!! were they before our wedding?

melt
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli