The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Pressups and aching lower back

does any1's lower back ache while doing pressups?

Mine aches and maks me give up before my triceps/chest....

help

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bad posture? Is it muscle or skeletal?
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

A belt and strengthening your back.
    "The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." -John Ruskin 1819-1900

"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not
    become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into
    you." - Nietzche

sure your doing them right? coz u might be bending your back and pretending your doing pressups instead of taking it on your chest
    PROFILE, COMMENT PLZ
    My Journal

My back is straighter than straight. I've had a physio watch me do them too He's told me to strenghen my core of my lower back.. So im doing some work on a gym ball...

I'd say it's muscle ache...

Dragons what do you mean by that? You saying i bend my back to take the preasure off my chest?

Well last night i noticed if i bend my knees a tend i dont ache if that helps...

however im laying off them for a solid week to see how strenghening my back helps....

Banned
    I have the same problem but think that is because I'm tall and its simply harder to maintain the posture.

HOWEVER, when I rest my feet on a low bench or stool it becomes so much easier. No ache at all. I can do them fine. I just do them this way now; most of the time anyway.

yeh i wish i could do that but im re-joining the royal navy in january so i will be doing them left right and centre and i dont think they will lend me a stool lol

im just resting and strenghening my lower back now

Sounds like your core. It will take longer than a week to strengthen it, so i wouldnt stop the shoulder presses, just take some of the load off and gradually work your way back up.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

physio told me my shoulder problem (swollen tendon) is because my shoulders are over-developed and curling inwards.... he said i have to lay off training them and and strenghen my upper back to solve that problem .. and also strenghen my core...

but yeh you are right i am strenghening my core... using 1 of them stability balls.. damn some of the stuff you can do on them is hard work...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirman
    physio told me my shoulder problem (swollen tendon) is because my shoulders are over-developed and curling inwards.... he said i have to lay off training them and and strenghen my upper back to solve that problem .. and also strenghen my core...
    Cool. Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirman
    but yeh you are right i am strenghening my core... using 1 of them stability balls.. damn some of the stuff you can do on them is hard work...
    I agree
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison