Thread: HERE'S a QUESTION & A STATEMEN

HERE'S a QUESTION & A STATEMEN

HERE'S MY ?.
    Do all you experience bodybuilders feel that you advise apllies to all ages?. When i first found these forums I had been working real hard and i do agree I did a lot of sets in my daily routines. Most the time I heard to much volume. Here I am at the good old age of 52 doing 35-38 sets a day and made a lot of progress. Then 4 weeks ago I start taking gear at a pretty good dose. Since then I've tamed my routine down to about half. Now i will agree my strength is going thru the roof, but size wise not much has happened.

STATEMENT:
    I felt really good doing all those sets and felt strong everyday. So as of Mon Oct. 4th this old man is kicking on the afterburners and may fire and smoke be behind me. The following is going to be my life till my cycle runs its coarse thru the next eight weeks.

MON (LEG)
    GOOD MORNINGS...3s x 6r
    SQUATS....-5s
    STEP UPS...DB...3s x 6r
    LEG EXT.....3s
    LYING LEG CURL.....3s
    BOX SQUATS BB....3s x 6r
    CALVES.....4s

TUES (CHEST) + (BACK)
    BENCH PRESS..... 5s
    FLAT FLYES.....3s
    INCL B.B.....3s
    DEADLIFT.....3-5s
    T-BAR.....3s... every other week
    LATS.....3s...CLOSE GRIP
    LATS.....3s...WIDE GRIP
    SEATED ROWS....3S
    BENT OVER ROWS....3s

WED (LEG)
    GOOD MORNINGS...3s x 6r
    SQUATS....-5s
    STEP UPS...DB...3s x 6r
    LEG EXT.....3s
    LYING LEG CURL.....3s
    BOX SQUATS BB....3s x 6r
    CALVES.....4s

THURS (ARMS)
    CG BENCH.....3s
    SKULLS.....3s
    EZ BAR CURL.....3s
    HAMMERS.....3s ..OR ...CONCENTRATIONS
    PUSHDOWN / PREACHER...3s.....S/S

FRI (SHOULDERS)
    MILITARY..DB...3s
    UPRIGHT ROWS..DB...3s
    SHRUG.....3s
    DB SHRUGS....3S
    LATERALS......3S

SAT OFF

SAT (ARMS)
    CG BENCH.....3s
    SKULLS.....3s
    EZ BAR CURL.....3s
    HAMMERS.....3s ..OR ...CONCENTRATIONS
    PUSHDOWN / PREACHER...3s.....S/S

I know what your thinking, overkill, to much volume, bad program, I wouldn't do it. Well I'm going for it and when I'm done I'll look great and feel great.

THAT'S A TOUGH PROGRAM AND THAT'S WHAT I'M ABOUT..........TOUGH!
    Last edited by Tough OLD MAN; 09-30-2004 at 05:14 PM.
    Formerly "Tough Old Man"

I love the high volume but that's my preference. The only thing I woud say to do is to split up chest and back. So that you can do more sets with each...
    For instance:
    Chest-
    Flat BB Bench
    Incline DB Bench
    Cable Flyes
    Incline DB Flyes
    Incline Hammerstrength Bench Press machine.

Then the next time you go and do chest, you would do the opposite of what you did the previous week (ie. Incline BB Bench, Flat DB Bench, Cable Flyes, Flat DB Flyes, Regular/Decline HS Bench press machine)

As far as back goes, I would do deadlifts once every two weeks alternating with power cleans. Do those at the beginning of your back workout. Then pick 4-5 exercises and do 3-4 sets with each. Possibly: BB Rows, Cable Low Rows, Pulldowns, and 2 more row machines.

Now as far as advice, I'm not sure if that's the greatest but that's what I love to do. Seems you like to work out high volume just like me. If I dont spend 2+ hours in the gym a night I wont grow. I need the volume and the heavy weight. My body responds well to it. So in that instance if we're both like that I'd say go for it. But I would also definately do chest and back on separate days. I would also cut out one of your arm days and add triceps to chest day and biceps to back day. That way you're hitting each twice a week. One on the corresponding workout day and one on "arm" day.

And I think you're good to go after that. And I personally like that you're hitting legs twice a week. I used to do legs 3 times a week and that's killer. Right now I actually do them 4 times a week but thats because I do full body workouts for my cut cycle.

Anyways, good luck man, you'll be massive in no time if you arent already!!

thats some high volume, i really dont know about hitting your legs with that much volume twice in 3 days.
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

I never really have a number of sets I perform, I just go in there and train based on the way I feel. One day I might do 7 sets of squats, the other day maybe only 4-5.

It wouldn't work for me...but I discovered that when you train with heavy weight...you get taxed easier...that is why I can't do high volume...(I'm not saying you work out with light weights, jus letting you know what happens to me)

This will kinda give you an ideal of the weight i use.
    Mon: Chest
    Flat Bench 10x195, 8x230, 6x265, 4x300, 8x230
    incline DB: my DB's only go to 90lbs, so i do 3 sets to failure.
    flyes:8x65, 6x75,4x85

I train the same way on all my routines. I pyramid up to about 85% of my 1xmax
    Formerly "Tough Old Man"

I'm sticking with my advice, it may not be great but thats how I like to workout!