The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    Sure would suck if someone who can see your IP accidentally e-mailed a link to this thread to your employer, huh?

But then, since no one got hurt, that wouldn't be a big deal, right?

That's the best god damm thing I've read on here in 6 months....

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    White collar prison is beautiful this time of year.
    Especially in West Virginia, what with the fall foliage and all. Also, I hear that Martha will be redecorating there, soon.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    Sure would suck if someone who can see your IP accidentally e-mailed a link to this thread to your employer, huh?

But then, since no one got hurt, that wouldn't be a big deal, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by _8_Ball
    That's the best god damm thing I've read on here in 6 months.... 8
    I don't think it is at all. If someone were to do that, he'd be a far bigger prick than the guy who did the thing in the first place. Telling? How old are we? 6?

Just outta curiosity, cause the first post in this thread is deleted and I'm just piecing the story together by the responses.. but did you ever try asking for a raise from the boss, and perhaps have a list of responsibilities that you have as well as past things that you had done for the company ready? Or did you just try this to make yourself look good first, and assumped that past performance wasn't enough to get you the raise? The main reason most people don't get ahead, or get a raise, is they accept where they are. They might bitch and whine to fellow coworkers and friends about how they aren't treated fairly, or they deserve more, but almost all of them won't walk into an office and ask for more.

Honestly, if you've got to hurt the company to make yourself look good and deserving of a raise.. maybe you don't really deserve it? But then, I fall in the group of people that question your methods.
    LaLa

"i sentence you to 4 years in a federal 'pound me in the ass' prison"

My point.

Vido's head.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    His original post was quoted in 8 balls reply man.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore
    His original post was quoted in 8 balls reply man.
    Yeah, but I didn't know if that was all of it or if that was just a paragraph out of a long essay-type post.
    Last edited by Nights; 10-01-2004 at 10:29 PM.
    LaLa

Quote Originally Posted by stronginthearm
    only problem now is every body in the company in the last couple of days have all had a pay rise expect me.
    Yeah it is a bit crap that you didn't get a pay rise but we really didn't get that much of one either, it'll make little difference come end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by stronginthearm
    of i leave this job nobody really nose what i do or how thing work and how to repair them when they break down.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say no one knows how to do anything, repair anything or what to do. Granted you know a lot more but you've studied and has years of hands on experience.

Maybe you'll get a nice wedge at Christmas. . . don't hold your breath though. . .
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore
    Um...Good for you. flame away but the fact of the matter is I agree with what he did. One can only be abused underpaid and screwed for so long. Cheers to you that you actually had the means to be able to shock a little sense into your employer to make them more aware that you are in fact necessary to their operating structure. Posting it was not the most brilliant thing in the world maybe. But the idea was damn good. I maybe would have saved it for a time when they were really putting me under the gun and shafting me but;Hey,It worked

He was not being abused, underpaid or screwed though. He simply pulled this scam to make himself look good. His original post was not about a complaint, just a trick to strengthen his position. Hey, if you are really indispensable to a company, you will not be fired.

"Posting it was not the most brillant thing in the world maybe"

But condoning fraud is?
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 10-03-2004 at 06:48 AM.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    I don't think it is at all. If someone were to do that, he'd be a far bigger prick than the guy who did the thing in the first place. Telling? How old are we? 6?

So when we see someone commiting a criminal activity, we should just look the other way?