The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Tramadol Hydrochloride/Paracetamol

My left wrist hurts when i try to turn my hand counter-clockwise so my palm is facing forward or when i turn my hand clockwise so my palm is facing to the left. I really dont know where I got this. Is this a sprain?

My friend recommended taking this medicine which has 37.5mg tramadol hydrochloride and 325mg paracetamol. Will this help speed up the recovery of my wrist or will this do nothing but relieve pain? If this helps speed up the recovery, then I'll take it so I can get back to the gym asap. If this is just a pain reliever, i wont bother taking it since i've read that this will limit protein synthesis. The pain is bearable.

Thank you

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    That's just a synthetic opiate plus an NSAID painkiller -- if reducing swelling will speed up recovery, it might help just a tiny bit, but that's not what it's designed for.

Sorry, can't help with diagnosis of the injury.
    Turning myself into Spiderman with heavy weights and force of will, 'cause radioactive spider bites will only give you cancer.....

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    I'd use ice to fight inflamation instead of those particular drugs. It will help with the pain but won't have the masking effect a strong painkiller like tramadol can have. I'd go see a doctor if it doesn't get better soon.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Pain medicine will likely mask the pain well enough that you could easily injure your wrist again and not realize it until the damage is done.

What Restless said. Ice, no drugs.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!