Thread: MLB candidates

MLB candidates

ok, i was thrilled the SOx thread grew so big, even if it was the same 6 or 7 people who are the only baseball fans

couple opinions Im after:

1) who is the ideal lead off hitter. I personally think Ichiro would be an unbelievable asset to a team like the Sox, Yanks, or Orioles. anybody who gets on base as often as him needs to have some offense behind him. he could also go for most runs in a season if he had a better backup. HOWEVER, please dont call this biased since Im a redsox fan. but Damon is a leadoff hitter who is hitting over 300, 20 HR's, and 89 RBIs, that is outstanding for a leadoff hitter. Patterson on the Cubs when healthy is a candidate for best as well. and it is hard to argue Jeter as not a good leadoff hitter.

2) who are your MVP candidates? AL: Ramirez, Ortiz, Sheffield, Guerrero, Tejada. NL: Bonds, Pujols, Rolen, Edmonds, Estrada(total black sheep i know)

However, my personal opinion is that the MVP MUST come from a team that makes the postseason, otherwise they cant possibly be that valuable of a player.

3) Cy Young: still a hair too early to decide.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

1. ichiro without a doubt
    2. ramirez ortiz or sheff
    3. hate to say it but schilling or santana

I cant believe Ortiz is bordering on 299/300, he needs to get the 300 avg for that stupid stat they keep talkin about for AL teammates (hitting over 300, 40+ HR, 100+ RBI) him and manny deserve to be in the record books for the season they are having.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    imagine having ichiro bat right after bonds.

MVP: Guerrero

Cy Young: Schmidt.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    1) Ichiro
    2) AL: I would pick Ichiro, but for a post-seson team, going to go with Manny Ramirez
    NL: Bonds, probably
    3) Agreed. Too close to call.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Banned
    1) Ichiro
    2) Guerrero
    3) Santana

nl mvp will be bonds i think...

I hope sheff gets a few votes...he has meant a lot to the yankees this season...guerrero definitely is a consideration also...ortiz and ramirez both should be considered but ramirez more so...better average...and he doesnt open his mouth and insert his foot as much as ortiz does.

Randy johnson is the NL cy yound without a doubt. Had he been pitching on a good team he would have 25 wins

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    I think Oswalt of the Astros may win the NL Cy Young.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)