The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Getting ahead at work

Last edited by ftotti10; 10-01-2004 at 10:17 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wow, you're pretty underhanded. If your location didn't say Ireland, I'd swear you worked for my company.

Banned
    definitely sounds a lot easier than, say, *actually* working hard

Quote Originally Posted by ftotti10
    I scheduled a couple of days holidays that I didn't need to take. Made sure boss\coworkers knew I was going to be off on these days. I purposely planted a bug that would bring down our hardware cluster(i'm in IT).
    I knew my coworkers did not have enough knowledge to resolve this problem and would be forced to ring me. I would then come in on my days off and heroically resolve the problem after a day or so.
    I'm also in IT, and I can garantee if I was your boss, I would fire you on the spot for that kind of ****!

And you can bet, after it happend a second time, I would be seriously looking into it...

_8_

The thing is I am actually a very hard worker and havent done it since but it definitely helped me along.

I've been deleted stronginthearm's Avatar
    well where i work. i was being paid peanuts then one day i applied for another job which was a 1/3 more money than i was getting. told one of my bosses. He told his brother the managing director he came back off his holidays early and ofter me the same wage as what the other company was offering, so i decied to stay where i was. only problem now is every body in the company in the last couple of days have all had a pay rise expect me.
    been told i will get one when the new company which my bosses have started goes in to profit. which could be months away.

do i look for another job with better propects or stay and wait and see what happens to this company.

of i leave this job nobody really nose what i do or how thing work and how to repair them when they break down.

Quote Originally Posted by stronginthearm
    of i leave this job nobody really nose what i do or how thing work and how to repair them when they break down.
    I hope that your job has nothing to do with writing any sort of documentation.

I'd suspect you won't get the same deal twice, so it all depends on your current benefits, job security, and how much you enjoy your work.

only problem now is every body in the company in the last couple of days have all had a pay rise expect me.
    Yeah it is a bit crap that you didn't get a pay rise but we really didn't get that much of one either, it'll make little difference come end of the month.

I wouldn't go as far as to say no one knows how to do anything, repair anything or what to do. Granted you know a lot more but you've studied and has years of hands on experience.

Maybe you'll get a nice wedge at Christmas. . . don't hold your breath though. . .
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Flotti.

That's scum - sabotaging the men that support your life in order to squeeze a few pennies out of them?

That's lowlife crap right there. You should be fired immediately, and probably have legal action taken against you.

What would you do if you were the boss and someone that worked for you pulled a stunt like that?

I'd:
    1) Fire them.
    2) Bring legal action against them.
    and
    3) Hire someone to beat the **** out of them on a dark night in an alley somewhere.

I very very much hope you get caught and are punished severely.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    Flotti.

That's scum - sabotaging the men that support your life in order to squeeze a few pennies out of them?

That's lowlife crap right there. You should be fired immediately, and probably have legal action taken against you.

What would you do if you were the boss and someone that worked for you pulled a stunt like that?

I'd:
    1) Fire them.
    2) Bring legal action against them.
    and
    3) Hire someone to beat the **** out of them on a dark night in an alley somewhere.

I very very much hope you get caught and are punished severely.
    That's a bit harsh. No person was harmed in any way, the company was not impacted in anyway as the bug simply brings down a failover server, the live one stays up and this was happening during a transition phase when the failover server was failing regulary anyway.

I'm sure the countless hours of unpaid overtime and unpaid weekends that i work and the fact I turned down a higher paying job elsewhere to stay becuase my employers were Irish(i'm irish) shows you I am not completely scum.

You're sure you didn't harm anyone, eh?

Let's see.. You got a bonus because you looked good in performance, while your coworkers looked like utter morons. You'll go up in the company (possibly) while they will be first on the list to be fired. The company paid you extra money because they thought you were being a good, efficient worker - when in fact you sabotaged the company's equipment to make yourself look better.

Sounds like no one got hurt, right? That's completely pathetic, and you know it.

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

You're sure you didn't harm anyone, eh?

Let's see.. You got a bonus because you looked good in performance.
    Yes
    while your coworkers looked like utter morons.
    Not really.They weren't expected to be able to fix the problem. If it actually happened and i was on holiday they would have to ring me to come in
    You'll go up in the company (possibly) while they will be first on the list to be fired.
    They'll hardly make decisions based soley on me coming in those two times especially since i'm in after hours every weekend anyway for the last year. Also noone will be fired, noone has ever been let go due to economic reasons in our company nor is it likely in the forseeable future.

The company paid you extra money because they thought you were being a good, efficient worker - when in fact you sabotaged the company's equipment to make yourself look better..
    I am a good efficient worker, this just helped me point it out to them.

Listen I take your point, people were harmed indirectly. To any great degree? I doubt it.
    A horrific act like you are making it seem? not really

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    bah, i just finished a class in organizational behaviour. one of the things you have to do to rise in a company is to do something underhanded. i'd have to say your idea was a good one. people with no skeletons in their closets tend not to rise very far because you cant always be ethical or 'a good christian'..heheh. you cant unless you are happy with where you are. pllus, those higher up all have skeletons in THEIR closets and wont promote to their level unless they're sure you have some in yours. i'm not saying that its all good and nice. but thats the way of capitalism. business life and home life are two different things two different ethics and 2 different ways of life. if you cant handle capitalists and their ways of thinking, join the communists. i say good idea, and no one was really hurt, good job
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedwombat
    bah, i just finished a class in organizational behaviour. one of the things you have to do to rise in a company is to do something underhanded.
    lol, I don't know where you are going to school, but there is no way any credible institution would ever allow a professor to teach something like that. Sure, a fake smile here, a little bending of the truth there, yeah, these will help you up the corporate ladder, but I think doing "something underhanded" is a little over the top.

I've also taken OB and I could see how one might interpret some of the material incorrectly, but I very highly doubt that you were taught what you claim.

Again, people were hurt. If you can't see that, then you're missing the entire picture.

Pearls of Wisdom...

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    [QUOTE]Let's see.. You got a bonus because you looked good in performance, while your coworkers looked like utter morons. You'll go up in the company (possibly) while they will be first on the list to be fired. The company paid you extra money because they thought you were being a good, efficient worker - when in fact you sabotaged the company's equipment to make yourself look better.[QUOTE]

hahha better them looking like morons than you, better YOU go up in the company than getting first on the list fo rbeing fired. take the self righteousness and walk away please... in capitalist society, its survival, and the appearance of efficiency
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Watch "Office Space"
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

im with mr rhino on this one. Even I, a guy with no morals, wouldn't screw up for my company and my trusted fellow co-workers just to get ahead...

okey..who am i trying to kidd here. Id screw them over before you could say 'you're screwed' or something like that.
    Last edited by Centaurion; 10-01-2004 at 08:48 AM.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Sorry that is horrible. I would never do something like that... I don't know who I am more angry at you or your idiot coworkers/boss. Stepping on others to get ahead is not worth it IMO. Got to have some self-respect.
    w00t

Sure would suck if someone who can see your IP accidentally e-mailed a link to this thread to your employer, huh?

But then, since no one got hurt, that wouldn't be a big deal, right?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    Sure would suck if someone who can see your IP accidentally e-mailed a link to this thread to your employer, huh?

Awesome! LOL
    w00t

Down with the Sickness
    Low life i think!

You are the one who has to sleep at night and if it makes you feel better to make others look like incompetent shmucks to advance yourself that is just low. I guess get in where you fit in, and in this case you fit in the crack of my ass.

That's the best god damm thing I've read on here in 6 months....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by _8_Ball
    That's the best god damm thing I've read on here in 6 months.... 8
    I don't think it is at all. If someone were to do that, he'd be a far bigger prick than the guy who did the thing in the first place. Telling? How old are we? 6?

Just outta curiosity, cause the first post in this thread is deleted and I'm just piecing the story together by the responses.. but did you ever try asking for a raise from the boss, and perhaps have a list of responsibilities that you have as well as past things that you had done for the company ready? Or did you just try this to make yourself look good first, and assumped that past performance wasn't enough to get you the raise? The main reason most people don't get ahead, or get a raise, is they accept where they are. They might bitch and whine to fellow coworkers and friends about how they aren't treated fairly, or they deserve more, but almost all of them won't walk into an office and ask for more.

Honestly, if you've got to hurt the company to make yourself look good and deserving of a raise.. maybe you don't really deserve it? But then, I fall in the group of people that question your methods.
    LaLa