The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This'll be good.

^^ Get stronger and meaner than the seniors.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Banned

2yrs ull bb

well ur mates arn't mates in that case if they try to force u into something u dont want. and as for the senior dicks one day i bet u will be bigger and stronger than them i have been there and i am bigger stronger and a better person than everyone who used to give me ****. good luck

Chill out. Don't hit your friends.
    What they said!

Since you are trying to get bigger 'cheating' isn't so bad.
    Occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    You're 13. You need to see a psychologist to get your priorities straight.

I suffer from OCD and at your age the signs are there for obsessive thoughts. In all honesty talk at least to your family doc. Maybe a small dose of Zoloft will help. There is a difference bewtween daydreaming or setting goals and thinking about them. There is another when you obess about the thoughts and cit interferes with your normal life. I am 36 and have gone back to college and there has been days where i have been obssessing about something and never heared a word that any of what my Proff's lectured on. This only hurt me down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey
    well ur mates arn't mates in that case if they try to force u into something u dont want. and as for the senior dicks one day i bet u will be bigger and stronger than them i have been there and i am bigger stronger and a better person than everyone who used to give me ****. good luck
    I am bigger than almost every single person that I graduated with and that also means all the people that made fun of me when I was a little fatass freshman.

I recently went back to my home town to visit my girl and some friends I went to school with and I met some of the others I went to school with too and they're all like "Holy ****! You got huge!" LOL, I just laugh and agree. ha!

Oh yeah, this one girl at work brought in Vanilla Creme filled Crispy Cremes and was mean about it trying to get me to eat them. So I her! Then chopped up her body, and it so no one could find it . So I know where you're coming from for slappin a guy about cake. Trust me, there are more extremes than just hitting him!!

Yeah dude, some of these things your sayin are non issues that your blowin up. I don't eat cake either, but one piece won't do a damn thing to you. Metabolism at an active 13 y/o age should take care of that rather quickly. About bein obsessed with it all, that's good that you care but if you actually find that it's taking over all aspects of your life you need to get checked out. It sounds like your just tryin to be dedicated though which isn't all bad. I have OCD and whatever it is your thinkin or doin pretty much controls you, and people with it don't really give themselves the choice of whether to do somethin or not. I went through highschool and now in college like this, trust me dude, you'll be better off if you get checked out so you don't have to deal with this stuff. If you don't want cake or somethin cause you just don't want it thats cool, but, if you don't eat it cause if you do you'll be disrupting your routine and are afraid something bad will happen, get checked out.

Wannabebig Member
    I. Don't sneak your friends.

2. You were never a mack.

C. Get yourself to a psychotherapist

4. Ignore #I if that was chocolate cake that your friend tried to get you to eat.

Hay yos, suggesting that he might have OCD is really not the thing to do, especially with the limited information he provided. This kid is going to look up everything he can about it and convince himself he is obsessive compulsive. Let the psychotherapist diagnose.

Quote Originally Posted by tom o
    I. Don't sneak your friends.

2. You were never a mack.

C. Get yourself to a psychotherapist

4. Ignore #I if that was chocolate cake that your friend tried to get you to eat.

Hay yos, suggesting that he might have OCD is really not the thing to do, especially with the limited information he provided. This kid is going to look up everything he can about it and convince himself he is obsessive compulsive. Let the psychotherapist diagnose.

I am in my third abnormal Psych class and he has the traits..In my educated opinion

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ogarchamplin
    I am in my third abnormal Psych class and he has the traits..In my educated opinion
    Let's assume he does. You're trying to diagnose over the internet, and I think you'd agree that you're not qualified to do so even in person. Beyond that, you must be aware of how powerful suggestion can be. If this kid starts scouring the internet for info on OCD because you told him he fits the description, I guarantee you he's going to convince himself that he has it even if he doesn't. Furthermore, in my unprofessional opinion, it sounds more likely to me that he's obsessing about bodybuilding as a reaction to the stress in his life. Defense mechanism?
    Last edited by tom o; 10-03-2004 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tom o
    Let's assume he does. You're trying to diagnose over the internet, and I think you'd agree that you're not qualified to do so even in person. Beyond that, you must be aware of how powerful suggestion can be. If this kid starts scouring the internet for info on OCD because you told him he fits the description, I guarantee you he's going to convince himself that he has it even if he doesn't. Furthermore, in my unprofessional opinion, it sounds more likely to me that he's obsessing about bodybuilding as a reaction to the stress in his life. Defense mechanism?

OK i will not suggest what i feel is wrong. I still say that he should see his family doc nothing more

If you feel that this is truly a problem go see your family doctor.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style