Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help plz! im becoming to obsessed?

chew it

help plz! im becoming to obsessed?

im 13 and for the past year all i am thinking about is bodybuilding and my diet
    from when i wake up in the morning , at school, when i come home, and i even dream about it. I have cut off everything else in my life the only time i talk 2 my friens is at school . Now i am starting to get more and more agitated when people ask me if i want candy and things at school . I even knoked out one of my buds because he kept telling me to try the cake at the party we were having. The biggest problem 4 me is i havent been thinking about girls at all yes im serious . I used 2 be a mack now i ignore all the girls that talk 2 me because im either mentally pumping up for my next session atr the gym or deciding what im going 2 cook .I think i might need serious help any 1 got suggestions plz i rly need them
    get huge or die trying
    15 years old
    weight 199-204

Attend your English class more often- right now your linguistic skills seem to be in a greater need of improvement than your body..

But seriously, just use common sense. "I think I'm being stupid and thinking the wrong things, so tell me how to sort my priorities"- just do it. It's a childlike whine, and nothing, from a self-help guru to a book with the seven organizational skills to lead a successful life, will help you realize what's important in your life.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

1. You're 13, you're suppose to eat candy and it isn't going to really make a difference if you have some

Quote Originally Posted by akomabutisakama
    The biggest problem 4 me is i havent been thinking about girls at all yes im serious .
    Maybe you're gay?

3. Concentrate on English class more than bodybuilding now, it will get you further in the years to come.

Keep lifting, but keep it basic. A good diet won't hurt, but stop knocking out your friends if they offer you cake.

Thats pretty harsh dude, knocking out your buddy over some cake! But seriously, I think we all become a little obsessed over it at times and it is important to keep things in perspective. You need to force yourself to just enjoy yourself sometimes and forget about your next meal or WO.

It won't kill you to miss one meal, eat at Burger King with some friends or miss a WO. You have to find that balance. Force yourself to go hang out with your friends at least once a week. Do not bring food with you. Hit on some freaking girls FFS!

Dude, you are only thirteen, you have all the time in the world. Don't stress this stuff so much. Enjoy some of the best years of your life.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Wannabebig Member
    Depends on what your goals are. If you want to compete someday whether it is an amateur competion or a pro competition you are probably going to have to cut out some of the social life and use that time for preping. I don't eat candy or cake either so thats nothing to worry about. To solve your biggest problem find a girl (preferably hot) that goes to the gym too.

You're 13. You need to see a psychologist to get your priorities straight.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

You need some help there kiddo..

I got that way too, things will fall into perspective (I hope) just give it a little while. The girls thing, gotta fix that..... "Mack" how you used to. They're female for God's sake, pay attention to them!!
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

lol supirior so true..

my parents told me im turning anorexic.. im like what?

i had 2 eggs,roti a glass of milk and a bowl of cherios for breakfast, a home made footlong sub for lunch and a plateful fo rice n kurry.. 4 dinner

theyre like hmm thats true...

im definatley always thinking about fitness, living long, life goals. BBing is a big part of that, as well as religion, and girls .
    Last edited by Shad; 10-02-2004 at 08:47 PM.
    think youve got an edge on me? think again.

Shad

Join the club, I'm 21 and all I think about is fitness, workingout, and dieting, and the girl I'm going to marry. LOL.

From the time I wake up until I go to bed revolves around those 4 subjects above. I have several friends and if they can't accept that I and like I am then they aren't my friends. They also try to tempt me with candy and stuff like that, when I'm dieting hardcore I get super pissed at them and they know it, but when I'm bulking letting myself slip I dont get that angry. It's cool to be obsessed, but make sure you have fun with your life as well. You only live once remember!

And also remember, about the girls, it's cool to be obsessed with bodybuilding, but once you get to a certain physical stature, you won't have to worry about "macking". They come right to you!
    Last edited by JSully; 10-02-2004 at 09:53 PM.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    If it's what you want to be obseesed about, then there technically isn't anything wrong with it.

I see it like this; as long as it isn't negatively affecting anyone else, you can and should do whatever you want to do.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Banned
    i wish i had that kinda of motivation! but dude your 13. y dont u get a life first then move into bodybuilding. come back when ur 15
    Last edited by BlingMeter; 10-02-2004 at 11:07 PM.

Spend less time worrying about what to cook, and just eat whatever is in front of you. Your lifts are impressive for your age, and you seem to have pretty good dedication. Are you obsessed with bodybuilding or are you obsessed with yourself?

your 13 how big of mac could you have been haha
    the grass could be greener, and itll always be greener on the other side, but you just never know....this could be the one

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Dood, you should've eaten the cake! Anywho, since you're 13 and seem pretty active I bet that cake wouldn't have even harmed you. Your metabolism probably would've burned it all off!

Well, like the others said, enjoy life as a kid! Don't let time pass you by like that. Time is one of the most important things in life. Spend it right. One day, you'll wish you had more fun as a kid.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Disciple#1
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    Well, like the others said, enjoy life as a kid! Don't let time pass you by like that. Time is one of the most important things in life. Spend it right. One day, you'll wish you had more fun as a kid.
    :withstupi Enjoy school while your there, one constant is that everyone i know wishes they could do it again, alas its impossible
    You never know what you can do, until you try to do more than you can.

You're 13. You need to see a psychologist to get your priorities straight.
    You need some help there kiddo..
    i agree,

whats the point of working out all the time and dieting if u cant go out chat up some chicks and show them what uve worked so hard for, you dont hit ur mates over something as trivial as a god damn cake see the above quotes
    Last edited by Monkey; 10-03-2004 at 05:57 AM.

I like guns.
    Hrmmmm, no offense but fighting over cake, no interest in girls, and wanting a killer bod can mean either 2 things, 1: you're really gay or 2: you're a eunich.

Fighting over cake? I like cake as much as the next guy, but damn son... take a break. Next thing you know you'll be holding hostages over a Little Debbie brownies.

^^ Lol! I think he's just so serious about it (which he probably should be for results) and needs to realize other ppl don't understand about bodybuilding and don't appreciate his dedication.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey
    whats the point of working out all the time and dieting if u cant go out chat up some chicks and show them what uve worked so hard for
    - Health
    - Yourself/Self-Esteem
    - Sports
    - Job (ie Body Guard)

But I get your point .
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

lol yeah but a bodyguard at 13 doubt it, but i get your point

Quote Originally Posted by AlterSh0ck
    If it's what you want to be obseesed about, then there technically isn't anything wrong with it.

I see it like this; as long as it isn't negatively affecting anyone else, you can and should do whatever you want to do.
    but it is having a negative effect on someone else his poor little mate who got smacked

Quote Originally Posted by the one
    your 13 how big of mac could you have been haha
    haha im with you. maybe you need to grow up before you do this bbing so seriously.
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

I'm obsessed with BBing also.. but no interest in girls!?

I'm about as much into BBing as I am in girls.. then closing in on 3rd would be eating.. because that seems like what I'm doing constantly.

And hitting someone over cake? =/ (was this a time when you were high and flipped out?)

chew it
    about the cake thing its because my friend know that i dont eat **** an i told them dont eat it around me but they always try to get me 2 have something i know ill regret eatin .. o an i think my prob with girls is that my ex girl (fuken whore) cheated on me with these f*ckin seniors and i got into to **** with them and they couldnt handle it themselves so most of the varsity football team give me **** now but i dont kare i would rather have my dignity than apologize. SO ya i think i just dont trust them 2 get involved
    get huge or die trying
    15 years old
    weight 199-204