The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

Wanna Be 1337 Scary

Got into weight lifting in early 1998 with a buddy of mine. Didn't lift very serious and definitely made little gains. Didn't pick up a weight really again until late 1999. I was finally sick of being a 5'7", 123 lb weekling. Bought a book that worked on a concept called 'micro-periodization'. Basically this was periodization done in about 1 week. Did this program on and off for about 2 years (on for about 6 weeks and off for about 2-3 weeks). I never really made great gains due to the overtraining the program delivered (I couldn't stick with it...burned me out). Tried out a few other programs dealing with low volume/high intensity and experimental routines of my own. Nothing really prevailed or stuck. Always went back to what I really started with, which was the micro-periodization program. Finally in July, 2004 I became very interested in body building.

I trained on the micro-periodization routine for about 8 straight weeks with small gains. Fed up, I went out and bought 2 books by Schwarzennegger. Read them both in about 1 week. Begain Arnold's routine for beginners. I liked it a lot. After about 1 week, I modified some things to my liking and started studying and becoming very interested in all the muscles of the body. I've been going all out with Arnold's routine for roughly 5 weeks now. I love it and have made great gains so far. Modified my diet somewhat also and this too has helped. I've gained roughly 3 pounds of lean mass in the last 5 weeks, which is pretty good for me. I study my own muscles constantly and like learning what muscles are worked on each new exercise.

Currently I weigh 144 lbs at about 9% BF (caliper tested). My ultimate goals (for now) are the following:

* Weight: 165 lbs at 9-10% BF
    * Arms and calves: 18" (flexed)
    * Bench Press: 285 lbs (4 reps)
    * BB Bent Row: 225 lbs (4 reps)
    * Squat: 315 (4 reps)
    * Mil Press: 185 (4 reps)
    * BB Curl: 135 (4 reps)

In my journal I want to post my routines, poundage, measurements, growth and feelings. I'm open to any feedback, good or bad and am always available to help out those in need. I will begin posting my routines, etc. tomorrow. Note that this is about 5 weeks into my current program, so I'm already seeing results.
    Last edited by Kiaran; 04-20-2007 at 09:12 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!