Thread: it never ends :cry:

Banned

it never ends :cry:

now when i do shrugs my lower leg bone hurts. ( im too mad to look the bone up) i was shruggin 355 today and let it down and its not pain or anything. well sorta. but it feels....... sore the bone, its like im having to much force down on it. im thinking could this possibly be due to not enough calcium or something? it happened to my forearm bone with barbells, stopped doing barbells and it went away. i dont think i can do dumbell squats and 170lb dumbell shrugs. I NEED HELP BEFORE I CRY

I know a lot of people that have injured their spines doing heavy shrugs in the low rep range.
    My college roomate was in traction for about 4 months thanks to a severe shrug spinal injury.

I wont do them for under 10 reps any more. If you were doing 355 I assume you were nearly maxing since your sig says you do 330x5.

I think you should reconsider the amount of weight you shrug and concentrate on form and holding the weight at the peek contraction for a higher rep range.
    Otherwise I think you might just be setting yourself up for injury. (granted I might be biased since I know people that have been injured from this)
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 10-04-2004 at 08:20 PM.

Banned
    well i did 355x5 2 sec hold at top. its not the back that hurts. its my shins. but i do feel it in my spine, like a little unload compression when i let go of the weights. my form is good. its just like my body cant handle ****. its like im not made to be huge outnumber ill kill someone if thats true

what is traction? i can do 315 shrugs for over 10 reps. so maybe i should be doing 10-12reps for shrugs instead of 5? anyone else have an opinion on this? i know for sure i dont need no injruries. thanks man

although this is a cartoon its fairly accurate

Traction: Medicine. A sustained pull applied mechanically especially to the arm, leg, or neck so as to correct fractured or dislocated bones, overcome muscle spasms, or relieve pressure.
    traction is to prevent movement. Shrugs often cause spinal injuries in which case you'd need to be immobilized.

At any rate, I'd recommend you increase to the 8-10 rep range for shrugs
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 10-04-2004 at 08:51 PM.

Wannabebig New Member
    Hey Bling I actually get kinda the same thing . I figured out I only get it when I'm fatigued . I'm on the go all the time , work , working out and partying . I start to get a little pain in my lower legs and I know I need to cool down on the go go go all the time .

I know some of you think I'm stupid but it is the honest truth . I KNOW my body is getting run down when my lower leg is hurting (it kinda throbs too ) .

Also a calcium supplement might be smart .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Banned
    got ur pm thanks man, hopefully this will solve the forearm pains to when i do heavy barbells... i love this guy . dam soft bones!

drink more milk maybe , i think i drink like 1.5 + litres a day and my bone structure is strong as hell, blingmeter do u have msn ?

Banned
    msn as in messenger no. i have aim.. i drink pro half a gallon of milk a day. if i drink anymore my mom will kill me. 7kids in the family. they need milk to!

if u got aim my sn is Cdogandhis69

right i downloaded it and added ya, i think ur dirnkin as much a sme so i dont see why u have soft bones prob just genetics,

Edit - are u sure it aint the tendons attatched to the bon that are sore?
    Last edited by Monkey; 10-06-2004 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlingMeter
    well i did 355x5 2 sec hold at top. its not the back that hurts. its my shins. but i do feel it in my spine, like a little unload compression when i let go of the weights. my form is good. its just like my body cant handle ****. its like im not made to be huge outnumber ill kill someone if thats true

what is traction? i can do 315 shrugs for over 10 reps. so maybe i should be doing 10-12reps for shrugs instead of 5? anyone else have an opinion on this? i know for sure i dont need no injruries. thanks man
    Do you ever squat or deadlift? I can't figure out how your schins wouldn't have encountered higher load stresses at other times.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

maybe spinal compression

Banned
    well i am on my feet 9 hrs a day lifting 4" trash pumps. 4" 50ft hoses bending over and standing up. so maybe it eventually got to me. im started squat and deadlift. i cant squat alot right now cause my lower back has a hard time keeping up with my legs. im workin on that right now.

i dont know about spinal compression cause when i do barbell curls i get it in the forearm.

not sure if its tendon or bone. i dont know how to figure that out. its either on or the other. i used to curl 135 barbell 8 times last year and never had a problem, only this year i have.. who knows