The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

the 4-4-9 formula for calories

hi. so i been using that rule of a gram of fat has 9 cals, a gram of protein has 4 cals, and a gram of carb has 4 cals. is this rule a load of crap? using that formula, i calculated my meal of cheese enchiladas, fruit, and beans. i came up to 524 cals. to test it, i then went by the label claim of calories per serving, and came up with a meal of 410 cals. that is over a 100 calorie difference, which is extremely shocking when i come to realize that i been using the 4 4 9 formula at the end of the day for calculating my 6 meals. i could be off my goal by 500 cals or more cus of that formula! should i just ditch that crap formula? what gives? what do you guys go by, label or 4-4-9?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    That's not a "crap" formula...it's fact. Just use the labels and keep things simple. Trust me, it's you that's calculating incorrectly, not the label.

Wannabebig Member
    Sometimes they are a little off. Not much, but a little.

But ... it shouldn't matter. Pick one way and stick with it. Get your macro's and calories straight, follow the diet and watch what happens. People want the answer for everything these days and the answer is within themselves. You have to watch how your body reacts, that's it. That's the whole scoop.

So pick one, put together a diet with it, watch what happens. Gain weight? Less calories. Lose weight? More calories. Of course, alter your calories and macro's depending on your goals, i'm not going to get into different macro's ratios or anything. Basically, just watch what happens. Doesn't matter how you count your calories, or even if you count them at all really. I've done find spending time not counting, just putting together a diet plan of good wholesome foods off the top of my head, and following it and seeing what happens. Of course, it was loaded with protein rich foods so i covered my bases. Then you can just add food, subtract food, etc. until what you want to happen starts happening.

In my best Jack Black voice, "You see! It's ****ing simple!"

the formula is real. follow it.
    Never Giving In.