The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Lacrosse Baller

Please Help Me Design A Workout Plan!!

Well for the last 2 and a half months (10 weeks) I have been doing a six day a week program. It is pretty intense and it was for lacrosse, not to improve my skill, but to improve my body.
    It was

Sunday - Chest
    Monday - Quads
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Abs
    Thursday - Shoulders / Hamstrings
    Friday - Biceps/Triceps/Forearms/Calves
    Saturday - Rest

I think I might have been overtraining but this week (friday) is the end of the plan that my friend and I have been doing. We have seen INCREDIBLE gains in muscle mass and in poundages.

I now am 5'10" 185 and before lacrosse season I want to get down to 170. So I want to design a 3 X Week program to help me maintain muscle mass while losing fat. Here is my schedule:

Sunday - Lacrosse Winter League
    Monday - Weight Lift
    Tuesday - Lacrosse Practice
    Wednesday - Weight Lift
    Thursday - Lacrosse Practice
    Friday - Weight Lift
    Saturday - Lacrosse Games (only for 3 more saturdays then it will become a rest day).

Tuesday and Thursday's lacrosse practice will be one that I have created. What it will be is a circuit routine. I will wear hand and chest weights and put on all my lacrosse gear and throw against the wall REALLY intensly for 1 minute, then jump rope for 1 minute, then rest for 1 minute. Repeat 5 times (increase by one time to get to 10 intervals). I am debating whether to add a cardio session.

So my question is that I really need help designing a 3 X Week Weight Lifting schedule that will allow me to keep my mucle while losing my fat. It doesnt have to be fancy, but rather to the point. Should I do cardio after the weight lifting M/W/F?

Thanks guys!! ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It is really hard to say if I don't know certain things - everybody is different. I encourage you to workout on those off days to make sure you train. But here is a suggestion:

1-legs, calves 2-back, shoulders 3-chest, arms
    This is what I am evolving toward doing.

It is different than the regular push-pull program that follows:
    1-legs
    2-chest,front&side delts, triceps
    3-back, rear delts, traps (+biceps,forearms)

I personally like what you were doing before!