Thread: Please Help Me Design A Workout Plan!!

Lacrosse Baller

Please Help Me Design A Workout Plan!!

Well for the last 2 and a half months (10 weeks) I have been doing a six day a week program. It is pretty intense and it was for lacrosse, not to improve my skill, but to improve my body.
    It was

Sunday - Chest
    Monday - Quads
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Abs
    Thursday - Shoulders / Hamstrings
    Friday - Biceps/Triceps/Forearms/Calves
    Saturday - Rest

I think I might have been overtraining but this week (friday) is the end of the plan that my friend and I have been doing. We have seen INCREDIBLE gains in muscle mass and in poundages.

I now am 5'10" 185 and before lacrosse season I want to get down to 170. So I want to design a 3 X Week program to help me maintain muscle mass while losing fat. Here is my schedule:

Sunday - Lacrosse Winter League
    Monday - Weight Lift
    Tuesday - Lacrosse Practice
    Wednesday - Weight Lift
    Thursday - Lacrosse Practice
    Friday - Weight Lift
    Saturday - Lacrosse Games (only for 3 more saturdays then it will become a rest day).

Tuesday and Thursday's lacrosse practice will be one that I have created. What it will be is a circuit routine. I will wear hand and chest weights and put on all my lacrosse gear and throw against the wall REALLY intensly for 1 minute, then jump rope for 1 minute, then rest for 1 minute. Repeat 5 times (increase by one time to get to 10 intervals). I am debating whether to add a cardio session.

So my question is that I really need help designing a 3 X Week Weight Lifting schedule that will allow me to keep my mucle while losing my fat. It doesnt have to be fancy, but rather to the point. Should I do cardio after the weight lifting M/W/F?

Thanks guys!! ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!

It is really hard to say if I don't know certain things - everybody is different. I encourage you to workout on those off days to make sure you train. But here is a suggestion:

1-legs, calves 2-back, shoulders 3-chest, arms
    This is what I am evolving toward doing.

It is different than the regular push-pull program that follows:
    1-legs
    2-chest,front&side delts, triceps
    3-back, rear delts, traps (+biceps,forearms)

I personally like what you were doing before!