Thread: endurance training

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member Podium Kreatin's Avatar

endurance training

does anyone do endurance training for like sports? it's wrestling season (in hs, i dunno about collegiate), and since Cal doesn't have wrestling, ima do some endurance training and takea break from lifting (i dont' have much time to lift w/ my current schedule anyway) until i can get into an open rasslin' tourney or sth

I have REALLY bad genetics when it comes to endurance (it shouild be genetic since my twin bro has the same problem). my goal is to last, so i won't "gas out," cuz i usually beat ppl by pinning htem in the 1st or second round by strength, but if i wrestle sombody as strong as me, i'll get tired by the 3rd (mostly all my losses are from tiring out on the 3rd). my goal is to use a lot of strength and not gas out within six minutes about. is there a specific routine for endurance (i think i got the strength, but i can't use full strength for the 3 rounds) tha can help me on this?
    "No one can completely believe that I am natural.
    The most important drug is to train like a madman
    -really like a madman
    The people who accuse me are those who have never trained once in their life as I train every day of my life."

Alexandr Karelin
    Ten-time World Greco-Roman Champion
    1988, 1992, 1996 Olympic gold medalist

current stats (10/19/03): 20yrs, M, 5'4 @160lbs, ~11% body fat
    lifted since march 2000

More reps. Do long distance running. I don't know specifics or specific routines, but there are a bunch of things you can do to help increase your endurance. Anyone?

Cottage cheese addict LiftAgain's Avatar
    I think you will benefit from doing circuit training to gain muscluar endurance.

Canadian
    u could give calistenics (sp?) a try
    "Discipline is never an end itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp

Wannabebig Member Podium Kreatin's Avatar
    are there any good routines based on experience, cuz just like bbing there might be tons of useless books and mags.
    "No one can completely believe that I am natural.
    The most important drug is to train like a madman
    -really like a madman
    The people who accuse me are those who have never trained once in their life as I train every day of my life."

Alexandr Karelin
    Ten-time World Greco-Roman Champion
    1988, 1992, 1996 Olympic gold medalist

current stats (10/19/03): 20yrs, M, 5'4 @160lbs, ~11% body fat
    lifted since march 2000

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    HAHA, a fellow wrestler, bro, im going to tell you what i learned myself. When wrestling season approaches. The best way to condition, is to wrestle. and wrestle a lot. Don't lift weights. just keep wrestling. find a way to get you and a bunch of wrestler together and wrestle like crazy till the season approaches. Take it from me. Last year I took second in the districts. If you have to make weight, well, thats different. But if you only need to cut ssay 5-6 lbs. Don't even try, it will come naturally with wrestling. Watch your diet and good luck with the season. The endurance will come. You getting tired in 3rd is actually a good sign too. It means you put out a lot of effort in the first two rounds. No matter how conditioned you are, you should be tired the third round.
    Last edited by nejar462; 11-07-2001 at 11:37 AM.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."