Thread: McDonalds

McDonalds

hi, i was wondering, i nkow fast food is horrible, but i woke up a lil later than usual and its gonna be hard to consume the amount of calories needed for today due to my late awakening and not enough time to eat enough. thankfully, i am on a bulk, so fast food will not harm me as much as otherwise. my question is, i went to mcdonalds.com to find the nutriental value of a big mac (7.8 oz) : 25g protein, 46g carbs, and 30g fat. also, what is a big mac w/o some fries? medium fry (4 oz) contains: 16g fat, 4g protein, and 47 carbs. are those statistics reliable? or do u think mcdonalds.com possibly lies? thanx for any sugestions or help.

Banned
    Who knows if those are accurate or not, I would imagine they are pretty close.

You already posted the nutritional info for a Big Mac w/o fries, I don't know what else you want.

The Chicken Mr'ga
    cant you just go grab something from the supermarket?

anyhow, one day wont kill you.. just dont make it a habbit of eating fast food every day.. im guessing those stats are correct, considering if they're not, they could get sued..

and dam, 30g of fat in just 1 burger?
    Last edited by iLUDEd; 10-04-2004 at 10:58 AM.
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

Banned
    If they were lying, or involved in some huge conspiracy to mislead you as you may believe they are, a person such as yourself would have investigated it already and filed the papers for a multi-million dollar lawsuit. In other words, I think it's safe to say the nutritional information posted on their corporate website is correct.

Heh, if you were going to lie would you still say your burgers had 30g of fat?

edit: viable question though.
    Last edited by ryan-; 10-05-2004 at 11:18 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan-
    Heh, if you were going to lie would you still say your burgers had 30g of fat?

edit: viable question though.
    Well, you'd have to make the lie believable. Maybe they actually have 40g of fat, but 30g sounds reasonable. If they were to claim they only contained 5g of fat, then more people would question them and they'd be exposed.

So, best case scenario here, a burger and fries are 900 calories.

If it's an emergency meal to make up calories, I guess you could do it. Or just come in low for the day.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Just because it's McDonalds doesn't mean it HAS to be unhealthy.

McChicken sandwich (hold the mayo): 310 cals, 15g protein, 40g carbs, 11g fat.

Get two of them, toss one bun and eat both on a single bun: 470 cals, 30g protein, 50g carbs, 22g fat (4g saturated). If you don't eat either bun it only has 22g of carbs total (and less cals, of course). Not to mention, this is on the dollar menu, so you can get two of 'em for $2.

A 10 piece McNugget is 420 cals, 25g protein, 26g carbs, 24g fat (5g saturated). Almost totally isocaloric. The sodium is high, but if you're drinking plenty of water that shouldn't be a problem. A packet of hot mustard or honey adds 50 cals worth of carbs.

The Cobb Salad is only 260 calories, 32g protein!!!, 11g fat, 10g carbs. Vinaigrette dressing adds another 40 cals.

Get any of these and just have a water to drink (or a diet soda if you really must) and you're good to go.
    teh ownz joo all 4 free! if joo don't like it, you is teh GHEY!
    -Voodazz

Do that voodoo that he do
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue-Ball

Get two of them, toss one bun and eat both on a single bun: 470 cals, 30g protein, 50g carbs, 22g fat (4g saturated). If you don't eat either bun it only has 22g of carbs total (and less cals, of course). Not to mention, this is on the dollar menu, so you can get two of 'em for $2.

A 10 piece McNugget is 420 cals, 25g protein, 26g carbs, 24g fat (5g saturated). Almost totally isocaloric. The sodium is high, but if you're drinking plenty of water that shouldn't be a problem. A packet of hot mustard or honey adds 50 cals worth of carbs.

The Cobb Salad is only 260 calories, 32g protein!!!, 11g fat, 10g carbs. Vinaigrette dressing adds another 40 cals.

Get any of these and just have a water to drink (or a diet soda if you really must) and you're good to go.
    You're right, but I'm going to nitpick for a second because I think that it might help you out in the future. The 10 piece is nowhere near isocaloric:

25g protein = 25x4 calories per gram = 100 calories protein = 23.8%
    26g carbs = 26x4 calories per gram = 104 calories carbs = 24.8%
    24g fat = 24x9 calories per gram = 216 calories fat = 51.4%
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue-Ball

Lol, the Cobb Salad reference makes me think of a great Curb Your Enthusiasm episode...but anyway, that's about the only "healthy" choice you listed.

You can't just use the nutritional breakdown to determine whether or not food is healthy. You're kidding yourself if you think anything battered and deep-fried (or however they cook the chicken) is good for you.

*drool*
    i miss eating mcdonald's