The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Anyone else out there?

just wondering if there were any others here about my size, 5-10 150 lbs that could help me with there numbers.

My current diet consists of around 1800-2000 calories, i know this is low, but i was even lower than that for quite a while, so i need to work myself up.

Ive been trying to spread about 400 cals with a 40/40/20 split p/c/f ratio about 5 times a day, Let me know if you guys have any good input. Id like to start bulking as soon as i can safely get my numbers up.

Just a little addition if i was unclear, id also like to see what you guys are eating.

My day usually goes,

7:00 am
    2 whites/2 whole eggs
    .5 cup oats
    .5 peach

11:00
    Big Salad with lots of Mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, etc
    About a cup of diced Chicken appx 5 oz or so

2:00
    Either cottage Cheese about a cup or
    Yogurt Plain
    Glass of Milk

5:00
    5 oz Chicken/Lean Beef
    .5 cup rice
    .5 cup Veggies or
    Big Salad with chicken from lunch

8:30-9:00
    Whatever i can find thats healthy usually only around 200 cals +
    Glass of milk

Bed

Im Pretty random with my workout times but i usually structure them so that I eat a meal with plenty of Protein/ Carbs within an hour after workout. I do cardio every other day before bed. Usually before the last meal.

How does that look? Im not a big guy, and ive had such a screwed up diet for so long i dont know whats going to make me fat or not. I should be able to eat just about whatever i want at my age size ( 22/ 150lbs active ) right now but i want to be safe.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Eat more and don't worry about getting fat if you are training hard.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Ready for take-off
    yup. more calories and protein. why do you do cardio before you go to bed though?

i usually do cardio before bed because its more convenient that time, im on a ship and the gym is usually empty around that time. Is it bad to do cardio before sleep?

If im bulking could i just cut it out all together, i sure hate running . Probobly shouldnt, but just a thought.

I wannabebig!
    you're 5'10 150 lbs and cutting??

No im not cutting, id like to start bulking but i was in such a low cal diet for so long that i cant just bump up my cals to say 3000 in one or two weeks, im trying to take it slow.

hey man. im one inch shorter than you, and three pounds heavier. i'd say were pretty evenly matched. if you wanna bulk, you needa up to about 2900 - 3000 cals, thats what im eating, using the formula found in the diet section. in my first week and a half of that, i noticed DRAMATIC differences. i shot up 3 pounds, and was lifting heavier instantly. i respect your increasing cals slowly, but listen, i didnt do that. i was liike you, eating probly like 2000 cals a day, then one day just shot up to 3000 cals. i felt i was gonna DIE and explode. that feeling only lasted like 3 days, then my body adjusted that quick. you mite wanna give it a shot. you may also wanna try a weight gainer, the GNC brand i use gives me 0 fats, 135 carbs, and 16 grams of protein per scoup. add 2 cups of lowfat milk to make it, and your lookin at a meal of 10g fat, a whopping 159 carbs, and 32g protein. thats 908 cals, almost a third of your dialy required intake. as far as diet, add some beans and potatoes, cereals also in the morning for breakfast in the place of oats pack a decent amount of carbs, specially if u get an oat cereal like cheerios. hope this helps any, also, check your weight at the beginning of the week, then a week later check again, you should gain 1 pound a week at the least. let us know how it goes

thanks for the reply, that helps out alot man

im 17, 5'11 145-150, 10-13%bf, cardio weights every other day, and i just finished cutting. I found that i could make it on 2200-2300 cal a day for 6 weeks, but now that i am off of cut, i am starving when i go under 2800 so it will easily maintain my weight, so 3000-3300 would probably be bulk phase for my size. That would probably be about right for you or a little less, although you have 5 more years than me. How is it you can make it on 2000 calories?

You said that you were afraid to raise calories too much after cutting, but i went straight from 2300-2800 pretty much, and haven't noticed much of a difference. I think that our metabolism really kicks up with an increase too ofset any fat gains if we eat 5-6 times a day.

We have a similar schedule, here's what i like now:
    6:20 Oats/Multigrain oats, fruit, 4 egg whites, 1 cup nonfat milk 500 cal(9 g fiber)
    9:20 Nuts/seeds 390 cal(4-7g fiber)
    11:25 French bread(no ww because it puts me over 50g of fiber), banana or cup of fruit juice or vegtable if possible 520 cal(4-5g fiber)
    1:20 1.5 cups Nonfat yogurt,3 tbsp flaxseeds, fruit 390(6-9g fiber)
    3:45 weights or cardio
    5:10 cup of dry curd, grain(millet, quinoa, rice, pasta, more bread), good fat(olives, acacado, soybeans maybe)posible vegetable or fruit 500(4-8g fiber)
    8:10 250 cal of meat(99 chicken, 99 turkey, tilapia, 98 ham, 96 hamburger, pork chops), 250 cal vegetables, cup of milk 600 cal(15-22g fiber)

2800-2900 cal 50g fiber 8-14 cups water 28% protein, 28% fat, 44% carbs

That's off the top of my head.