Thread: Biceps sinking inwards

Biceps sinking inwards

Does anyone else have this problem where your biceps are falling inwards toward your body? Kinda like they're tipping over. My bi's aren't big yet, but I see that they are a leaning in. When i flex my bi's, if I look at them in the mirror, I don't see much of a "hump", but when I look down, there's a nice sized ball hiding behind my tri's in a way. Anyone know why this would be? Could it be that my tri's are far ahead of my bi's therefore overshadowing my them? Or what can it be?
    ANYTHING can happen on a TUESDAY!!!

Probably genetics
    Southern Pride !

They didn't used to be like this. At least not that I could remember. Its really annoying though

wth? have you changed your routine at all?

Do you mean that your biceps sorta lean inwards when you tense, eg if you tense and then have your elbows pointing directly infront of you can you see a your bis pointing inwards on the inside of your arm. If so then yes, thats how my bis go, they just seem to get biggetr in that way and never peak.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    I may be wrong, but work the outer side of the muscle. a lot of barbell grips are lifted by elbows pointed out and you curl in. try lifting using more of the out side of the biceps and see if that would even them out...i could be wrong but it's not like you're hurting anything to try it. better than looking like a gymp
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Well, I'm just getting back into the gym. I'm hoping that when my bi's get a little bigger, they'll get back to normal.

Jezmason, when I hold my arms straight out with my palms facing each other, my bi's are diagnal a little, as if you were to draw a line from my bis upwards (from the top of my bi's), the 2 lines would meet each other. I don't know if that made sense, but that was the only way I could describe it. Now, when I flex my bi's a nice ball is formed, but 2/3rds of it is hiding behind my tri's facing one another.

Waiting on a Star to Fall Hickory's Avatar
    hammer curls, man
    Disclaimer: This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.

maybe you could post a picture?
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory
    hammer curls, man
    Hey Hickory, is that you in your avatar? Because if it is, you have some sweet arms dood.

And Timastyle, yeah it seems like my biceps are a little inward too. Doesn't bother me though.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.