The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    i'm doing 4 days low (mon-thurs) and 3 days high (fri-sun). this "precontest" (between shows) was too short to really have any time to play with the number of days or anything...only 5 weeks plus a week off at the beginning.
    bodybuilding is not a hobby for me. it's about a doctor saying i'll never walk again, and proving him wrong by conquering the physical world. it's more than a stress reliever; it is an answer to my critics who say i can't do it. it's more than a tool of physique; it's a tool of worship. it's more than a sport; it is who i am.

Inspiration Starts Here

This thread is hilarious.

I'm trying to imagine......somehow....some way.....that Pent has even 18 inch arms cold, let alone 19+, especially with those weak peaks.

Dude.....NO.

Not even on Krypton.

That said, you seem dedicated and serious, so I see no reason why you can't improve on your already mildly impressive pictures. You'll probably be a beast 24 months from now. Just chill-out on the measurement reports.
    Last edited by Majestic; 10-17-2004 at 07:03 PM.

hey somebody go get majestic an attention span.

i think we're all dumber for reading that. i put the same stuff on a hardcore BB forum. the real bodybuilders had no problem believing it. had a lot of nice things to say about some of the idiot posts. (though we've crossed this bridge, haven't we?)
    bodybuilding is not a hobby for me. it's about a doctor saying i'll never walk again, and proving him wrong by conquering the physical world. it's more than a stress reliever; it is an answer to my critics who say i can't do it. it's more than a tool of physique; it's a tool of worship. it's more than a sport; it is who i am.

Inspiration Starts Here

Listen Pent, obviously there is a little controversy in this thread about your stats. This happens from time to time here, especially with newer members. But whats the deal with your constantly slagging this board like in this last post? If you think we are all a bunch of amateurs who don't know anything, why do you keep posting here?
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

i wasn't thragging the board. i was thragging the last post. it's no secret that this board isn't full of hardcore BBers. that's not the focus of it. that's by no means a bad thing. i just think it's funny that everyone was cool until someone asked me what the stats were. and even after i said "aight you guys are being idiots, let's get back to the purpose of this thread", there were still shmucks with malicious posts. it just shows me the true heart and intent of a lot of you guys on this board. but if it makes you feel good to tear other people down, well by all means.

Inspiration Starts Here

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    leptin is related to fat loss and is said to be partially (mostly) responsible for why we stop losing weight after 7-10 weeks of cutting.
    Carb cycling and slow desents prevent leptin from crashing.
    There is a ton of information on this
    start here: http://www.avantlabs.com/page.php?pageID=51&issueID=3
    avant has a series of about 10 articles that get progressively more involved in the issue. just search avant for them
    Here's another: http://www.theministryoffitness.com/.../article18.htm
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

great article. nearly identical to what i'm doing now, but now i know more why i do it. also, plenty of added info (i.e. fructose with each meal on refeeding days). it makes me want to do another show sooner so i can try it out for a full precontest instead of just 5 weeks. but that's what the rookie season is for i suppose. now i know.

Inspiration Starts Here

I think your arms look, much bigger than the rest of you. I have 18 arms and his look bigger than mine? Oh and Frank Zane had smaller than 18, but won something so really just improve as much to get that symmetrical look.
    Pent did you train before that huge fat loss? Thought so, but never read it.

Quote Originally Posted by pentacent500
    i wasn't thragging the board. i was thragging the last post. it's no secret that this board isn't full of hardcore BBers. that's not the focus of it. that's by no means a bad thing. i just think it's funny that everyone was cool until someone asked me what the stats were. and even after i said "aight you guys are being idiots, let's get back to the purpose of this thread", there were still shmucks with malicious posts. it just shows me the true heart and intent of a lot of you guys on this board. but if it makes you feel good to tear other people down, well by all means.
    Again. I can't understand why you don't just go back to your "hardcore" boards where the "real bodybuilders" hang out since we are just a bunch of idiots and shmucks who are out to get you.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

I'd be interested in seeing a link to your pics on another board where you claim to have 19 3/4" arms.

He posts something on a Tuesday, and expects everyone to forget it by Saturday.

You'll find that people respond to messages here more than a week after they're posted, depending on their schedules. That doesn't mean you have to like what I said, but it does mean I'm entitled to comment when you post your stats publicly.

I don't believe your measurements, but it could be that you just have less than optimal arm proportions, which is creating the illusion that you're smaller than you really are.

there is a certain etiquette that you guys are breaking with the malicious and slanderous talk. you know it's stupid and you're being poor ambassadors for the sport. therefore i won't comment on this thread anymore. no more thread babysitting for me. but you can post away. i won't read it, though.
    Last edited by pentacent500; 10-17-2004 at 08:12 PM.

Inspiration Starts Here

well i was gonna tell you that you looked good. big arms, big quads, but the arms make your chest look small. as with your quads make your hams look small. but all in all looks good.