The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Many of these families already feel that their child died in vain, for a cause that wasn't worth fighting for, in Iraq.
    And what would their dead child have to say about that?
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Things are going from bad to worse.

Copy of original article:
    Platoon defies orders in Iraq
    http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f...925-453911.php

"A 17-member Army Reserve platoon with troops from Jackson, Miss., and around the Southeast deployed to Iraq is under arrest for refusing a “suicide mission” to deliver fuel, the troops’ relatives said Thursday"

Platoon, not unit. "suicide mission"? If you had read it from an unbiased columnist you'd know they didn't do it because of the heavy attacks in that area and they didn't have armored plating in their vehicles. Why read from abc when they've given alot more money to the Kerry campaign than Bush? For unbiased information?
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by excokehead
    that's a good point

but i do believe these young boys are dying needlessly

Soldiers.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by CASD
    The Army connot let them get away with it or they would have mutiny on their hands.. something will be done.. Most likey court martial and Dishonorable discharge.. but no jail time for the lower rank people.. but Leaders will get some.. ..and they will do an investigation into their claims ..but they cannot let them get away with it now that the press has it.. Maybe if the press didn't have it they could've investigated it and just give them minor slap on the wrist..but now that it's world news..
    According to one of the relatives of the soldiers they had on TV a few days ago, some of them are being processed for a general discharge from the Army.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

[QUOTE=MixmasterNash]Yes. Why has it taken half a year to figure this out? I'll tell you why. The Whitehouse refused to allow the military to do it. They pulled the marines out when they were on the brink of success and sent in a CIA-trained brigade led by former Republican Guard generals. The Fallujah Brigade promptly gave away all of their weapons and vehicles to the insurgents, and disappeared.[QUOTE]

yes, and that pisses me off to the fullest. Liberals have the history of ****ing up everything during wars though. That's why I hate Kerry (1 of the MANY reasons).

However, I do agree with you on the fact that we could've pulverized insurgents in Fallujah and other places by now if we'd attacked and not talked with anyone (insurgents).

Hope Kerry doesn't get elected. He'll probably start encouraging the insurgents like he did the viet cong. Don't think he didn't. Ask some of the POW'S the got back to the states about that.

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by superior_will

yes, and that pisses me off to the fullest. Liberals have the history of ****ing up everything during wars though. That's why I hate Kerry (1 of the MANY reasons).

However, I do agree with you on the fact that we could've pulverized insurgents in Fallujah and other places by now if we'd attacked and not talked with anyone (insurgents).

Hope Kerry doesn't get elected. He'll probably start encouraging the insurgents like he did the viet cong. Don't think he didn't. Ask some of the POW'S the got back to the states about that.
    Ironically, it was the Bush administration that pulled the marines out, not those damned 'liberals'. Unless you consider Bush to really be liberal because of his 'neo-conservative' leanings, this post makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by anyone
    Ironically, it was the Bush administration that pulled the marines out, not those damned 'liberals'. Unless you consider Bush to really be liberal because of his 'neo-conservative' leanings, this post makes no sense.
    Don't make me laugh.

hmm.....

http://www.sftt.org/cgi-bin/csNews/c...07050787603646

An officer in Iraq who has asked to remain anonymous says: “The establishment here wants to present the picture that everything is A-OK when it’s too often not the case. Soldiers shouldn’t be punished or made to feel like they’re disloyal, not part of the team, troublemakers, whiners, dissenters, malcontents, etc., etc., just because they give somebody a true sitrep on certain things going on over here. But sadly this is the case.”

Then there’s the personal attack on anyone with a point of view that’s different from the party line: You’re un-American; or you’re supporting the enemy or not supporting the troops. The latest tactic is to say you’re sending out mixed messages that hurt troop morale.

But according to our soldiers in Iraq, this is just not true. They say their morale is in the toilet because of how badly the war’s been handled, not because of what’s being reported or debated by politicians.

“I resent the fascist-style approach that tries to paint any objection of current policy as traitorous,” says Ken Druhut. “I am a proud vet and gratefully enjoy the freedoms that our military has provided. But this Gestapo stuff has to stop.”

Amen.
    Last edited by Tryska; 10-19-2004 at 02:58 PM.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Quote Originally Posted by beastin v6
    Don't make me laugh.
    Here's a hint: the President is not a Democrat, not a liberal, and not a rational thinker (by his own analysis). His job description includes the phrase 'Commander-in-Chief.' He is responsible both morally and specifically for the disaster in Fallujah. Therefore neither a liberal, nor a democrat is responsible for the military's actions, by simple logical deduction.

There is no other explanation.
    Last edited by MixmasterNash; 10-19-2004 at 03:41 PM.

^^ I suppose that Bush is there all the time, making every call then.

My Exploits

i dont consider bush to be a "true" conservative. I really dont know how to describe his stance on most things. Then again my view on conservative stances differ a lot from most peoples. In my opinion a true conservative would have mostly libertarian views and ideals. For instance, there are liberal ideas that i consider truly conservative. For instance, pro choice and gay marriage. IMO, a conservative approach for the gov't, would be to be unintrusive and stay out of personal decisions. I dont reallt even know why i typed all this, its all pretty off subject. lol
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

Here's a hint: the President is a conservative Republican. His job description includes the phrase 'Commander-in-Chief.' He is responsible both morally and specifically for the disaster in Fallujah.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you Nash.

The president is neither conservative nor republican.

the true repubs and conservatives (incl: Joey Scarborough, John Eisenhower, Bob Barr and Pat Buchanan) stopped supporting him months back, specifically because he's neither conservative nor a republican.

The pResident is a NeoCON Zionist. Don't ever forget it.
    Last edited by Tryska; 10-19-2004 at 03:25 PM.

I didn't say Liberals did that, I was talking about their poor handling of the Vietnam war. Maybe I wasn't clear enough but the post is still true.

My Exploits

What don't you get about the fact that the civilian leadership ordered the Marines out of Fallujah before they finished their mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska

the true repubs and conservatives (incl: Joey Scarborough, John Eisenhower, Bob Barr and Pat Buchanan) stopped supporting him months back, specifically because he's neither conservative nor a republican.

I forgot something, refresh my memory, who was that one guy?.....Oh yeah, ZELL MILLER.

My Exploits

i agree with a lot of your opinions, but it is totally his responsibiliyy good or bad. When your in a position of power, all decisions made of people appointed under you are your responsibility. This is true in politics, military, gov, and any company ect that you will work for.

Oh, well, obviously, by conservative Republican I meant theocon.

lol i dont type fast enough. MY post wasnt fast enough. Im with tryska
    Last edited by BigNic; 10-19-2004 at 03:28 PM.

you were faster than me, nic. you got it in.

superior will - what about zell miller? he's a neoCON Zionist too, just like lieberman, and koch. i'm not even gonna pretend that those guys are democrats. miller's been on my sh*tlist since he did what he did to Max Cleland tho, so f*ck him. he's going straight to hell.

you were faster than me, nic. you got it in.

superior will - what about zell miller? he's a neoCON Zionist too, just like lieberman, and koch. i'm not even gonna pretend that those guys are democrats. miller's been on my sh*tlist since he did what he did to Max Cleland tho, so f*ck him. he's going straight to hell.

You would be surprised how many girls have told me that.

*lol* that's just wrong.

Ironically, it was the Bush administration that pulled the M arines out, not those damned 'liberals'. Unless you consider Bush to really be liberal because of his 'neo-conservative' leanings, this post makes no sense.

Carry on.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Here's a hint: the President is not a Democrat, not a liberal, and not a rational thinker (by his own analysis). His job description includes the phrase 'Commander-in-Chief.' He is responsible both morally and specifically for the disaster in Fallujah. Therefore neither a liberal, nor a democrat is responsible for the military's actions, by simple logical deduction.

Really?

I'll just let you pull information from nowhere rather then...I have to really hold back.

Why is Fallujah a disaster?

The military should be given the green light to do their job. Don't even deny that in WWII there were whinning no Libs who still did not want the U.S to get involved . The military is for fighting wars not for showing turn off the cameras and allow it to perform its job rather then to critize everything they do.

p.s Please don't take it personal, its just makes me a bit frustrated.
    Last edited by beastin v6; 10-20-2004 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastin v6
    Don't even deny that in WWII there were whinning no Libs who still did not want the U.S to get involved .
    Um, no. Traditionally conservatives in this country have had a platform of non-involvement in foreign affairs outside of our hemisphere. Well, up until the Communist containment doctrine that got us involved in Korea and Vietnam.

This particular conservative ideology came up again relatively recently. Whether you agree with the action or not, look at the conservative flack Clintion had to put up with when he put our boys on the ground in Bosnia and Somila.

Platoon, not unit. "suicide mission"? If you had read it from an unbiased columnist you'd know they didn't do it because of the heavy attacks in that area and they didn't have armored plating in their vehicles. Why read from abc when they've given alot more money to the Kerry campaign than Bush? For unbiased information?
    If you'd look at the link Nash posted it's from the Armytimes. Not ABC. The Armytimes is hardly a left-leaning news source.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal