The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar

Flax Seed/Fish Oil

What is the difference between Flax Seed Oil and Fish Oil? I've heard that Fish Oil is better for you than Flax Seed. I've also heard that it's good to take both. And if you take both, should you consume half/half each day? For example, let's say- normally, I take 6g flax seed oil every day. Then, when I started to take fish oil, I started taking 3g flaxseed/3g fish oil every day. Or should I just continue taking 6g of flaxseed and in addition take 6g of fish oil?
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 10-09-2004 at 03:40 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

bUmp.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

They are both good. And they both have different properties to them.
    Supplementing with both would be superb, if you're going to supplement with fats/EFA's some of both would be optimal.

Aight, cool. And I've heard before that supplements have some negative effects. Or maybe it was some other drug that people take to really get buff (not juice). Is there ANYTHING at all that's bad about taking supplements? And if I'm on supplements and then I stop taking them, will it be really bad?
    Lifting Journal

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    Aight, cool. And I've heard before that supplements have some negative effects. Or maybe it was some other drug that people take to really get buff (not juice). Is there ANYTHING at all that's bad about taking supplements? And if I'm on supplements and then I stop taking them, will it be really bad?
    Your answers can be found here:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/search.php?
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Patrick
    Your answers can be found here:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/search.php?
    I didn't find it.
    Lifting Journal

Supplements are good. But remember that nothing is good in excess. Don't rely on supplements to get your nutrition, use them as an aid where you're having a hard time filling the gap with real food.

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    I didn't find it.
    then you didnt look
    [UNITY]

Quote Originally Posted by Gizotch
    then you didnt look
    I really did.

@Behemoth- "use them as an aid where you're having a hard time filling the gap with real food" So, you're saying not to take them on a regular basis?
    Lifting Journal

i just looked myself and found several threads , look again
    [UNITY]

Quote Originally Posted by Gizotch
    i just looked myself and found several threads , look again
    Oh. Yeah, found them. My problem was that I searched "All Open Forums," so all my results were people's journals of them taking the supplements. But I didn't find the answer to one of the questions I had. Do you guys take flaxseed and fish oil together at the same time? Like, one after the other? And I believe someone already told me to take it before my meal so I don't burp up some nasty taste of flax or fish.
    Lifting Journal

Banned
    Take them whenever you want (together or separate), but yes, before a meal is better.

Alright, thanks for info.
    Lifting Journal

I take both in a kinda half-assed way. Some days it's fishoil, some days it's a couple of tablespoons of flax, some days its both. Point is: Don't make yourself neurotic over it.

DJ
    = 8-->{I>

correct me if im wrong

flax seed and fish oils contain:

omega 3 (cancer fighting enzyme)

and

amino acids (mandatory for muscle building as amino acids are what make up protien)

and are basically the only things that contain these in high concentrations, along with fish itself.
    think youve got an edge on me? think again.

Shad

Banned
    They are a good source of Omega 3's, but not the only source.

They don't contain amino acids.

No. There is nothing wrong with taking them on a regular basis. Supplements are good. It's just that real food is more complete and less processed to get the specific thing you want out.

But if you wanted to get all the vitamins, minerals, antioxidents, EFA's etc. etc. from only whole food you would have an extreamly long shopping list and also probably be eating an extreme amount of food.

All I'm saying is eat a good healthy diet. Then analyze it. If you're lacking in vitamin E, then supplement with it. If you're lacking in EFA's then supplement with them. This is if you're going to go real serious about it.