The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar

(Skater -vs- Security Guard) fight video

http://www.unrealhp.com/video/egovspowertrip.wmv

HAHAHA that video is so funny.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

ive seen this, while the security officer obviously could have handled the situation better, i thought the kid was a dumbass also. Has anyone seen that one where the skater guy is pushing ppl off of his skate board, then is harassing this woman, then hits this dude who tries to stop him in the head with his skateboard. Everytime i watch that one i get so pissed off its not even funny. I would LOVE to beat the **** out of that kid
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

Bloody old, both could have handled the situation much better.
    LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS LIKE ADULTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigNic
    ive seen this, while the security officer obviously could have handled the situation better, i thought the kid was a dumbass also. Has anyone seen that one where the skater guy is pushing ppl off of his skate board, then is harassing this woman, then hits this dude who tries to stop him in the head with his skateboard. Everytime i watch that one i get so pissed off its not even funny. I would LOVE to beat the **** out of that kid
    Well, maybe you can find comfort in one of my skateboarding related experiences BigNic...

I was maybe 16 or 17. I skated every day for a few years as a teenager. One day, at the local skate spot downtown, a fellow skater was being a big ass. By the end of the night he was starting s**t with just about everyone. He was drinking a little earlier in the day. Long story short, he flipped out and went up to this girl and punched her right in the face. Of course me with my low toleration of violence to woman approached this guy right away. Without hesitation he took a full swing right at my face. I leaned straight back as brushed my lip with his fist. His momentum carried him a little off balance. As soon as I came back to steady myself, I took a full swing with my board and nailed him right across his shoulder and backside of his head, knocking him straight on his ass. I think he figured that was enough for one night because he left for home after coming to. Now I usually wouldn't have used a blunt object in a fight, but that kid flat out deserved it for hitting a girl in the face.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

So many of these internet fight videos are infuriating. I remember one where a guy comes up behind another guy and just beats him and then slaps the guy in the face like he's a bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Nissen
    Well, maybe you can find comfort in one of my skateboarding related experiences BigNic...

I was maybe 16 or 17. I skated every day for a few years as a teenager. One day, at the local skate spot downtown, a fellow skater was being a big ass. By the end of the night he was starting s**t with just about everyone. He was drinking a little earlier in the day. Long story short, he flipped out and went up to this girl and punched her right in the face. Of course me with my low toleration of violence to woman approached this guy right away. Without hesitation he took a full swing right at my face. I leaned straight back as brushed my lip with his fist. His momentum carried him a little off balance. As soon as I came back to steady myself, I took a full swing with my board and nailed him right across his shoulder and backside of his head, knocking him straight on his ass. I think he figured that was enough for one night because he left for home after coming to. Now I usually wouldn't have used a blunt object in a fight, but that kid flat out deserved it for hitting a girl in the face.
    i agree bro
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    BigNic- yeah, I think they were both stupid. The kid should've left a long time ago, instead of staying there and provoking the fight. Also, the guard sort of provoked the fight too by being an ass about it, and he kept talking. The guard shouldn't have kept talking, and the kid should've left. There. They're both stupid.

Tim- I'm behind you all the way. That jerk deserved it. Good job.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Security guard probably had to put up with the little sobs all the time, hell if I was getting paid minimum wage to babysit a bunch of punk kids i'd snap too.

Maki will get a kick out of that Judo hip throw. Cool video, skater d00d got /pwned.

Maki does MA?

Tim Nissen - NICE!

I can't believe that the kids friends just stood there. He's lucky they didn't jump his ass.

I didn't see it all since my browser quit out right at the hip throw, but from what I saw, it seems like the security guard was out of line. It looked like they left his property, yet he still came after them. Even if it still was his property, he provoked it. If I had been that skater's friend, that guard would've been dealing with me too.

If you notice when the kid puts his board down, to act like he's leaving, he actually hit the security guard in the shins with it. Obviously the guard was an ass, he's throwing down with a kid, but the kid had it coming for being a little shi*head.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

I use to be just like that kid, but no one ever really confronted me over my antics. In retrospect, I might have grown up a lot faster had someone taken the initiative and beat my ass.

That was an excellent hip toss. I didn't think that pathetic looking security guard had it in him.

I am a security quard!
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmoses
    If I had been that skater's friend, that guard would've been dealing with me too.
    Oh yeah, gang up on someone. How brave.

On the Road to Redemption. Ironman_1964's Avatar
    The guy on the skateboard was “Owned.”
    What am I on?
    My back for the bench press.
    My feet for the squat.
    What are you on?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phreak
    um yeah.

anyone that seeks out a 'fair fight' is operating under the misconception that the world cares whether he lives or dies

only kind of fight that matters is one you can walk away from

I mean DAMN man... read your sun tzu

Quote Originally Posted by BigNic
    Yeah I also seen that one.. I heard the guy he smashed across the face died soon after that.. not sure if it's true or not.. but he was a major prick nontheless.

Quote Originally Posted by phreak
    Wasn't trying to sound brave. I was trying to say I'd help out a friend in circumstances I think to be justified. Does that make me a bad person?

Wasn't trying to sound brave. I was trying to say I'd help out a friend in circumstances I think to be justified. Does that make me a bad person?
    If he can't finish it, he shouldn't start it. If it was just the guard's fault, then maybe it would be okay to back him up and keep the situation from escalating, nothing more. Ganging up on someone is for phags.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan
    um yeah.

anyone that seeks out a 'fair fight' is operating under the misconception that the world cares whether he lives or dies

only kind of fight that matters is one you can walk away from

I mean DAMN man... read your sun tzu
    Anyone who goes out of his way to get into a fight is pathetic. And about fighting fair: I know I do. Cowards don't.

ps.
    I would have kicked Sun Tzu's arse -- unless he went SS3.
    Last edited by phreak; 10-21-2004 at 08:06 AM.

Dude, did you even read my post? I said that in my opinion, it looked like he DIDN'T start it. Of course if a friend of mine went out and picked a fight, I'd let him deal with it. From what I saw in the video, it was the security guard who was the aggressor, so I feel helping out the skater is justifiable. Get off your damn high horse.

Dude, did you even read my post? I said that in my opinion, it looked like he DIDN'T start it. Of course if a friend of mine went out and picked a fight, I'd let him deal with it. From what I saw in the video, it was the security guard who was the aggressor, so I feel helping out the skater is justifiable. Get off your damn high horse.
    Even if he didnt start it at the very beginning, he kept on harassing the security guard and giving him a big mouth. He could and should have walked away, but he didn't. So apparently he was looking for something more.

I'll stay right here on my horse, thank you very much. Still have to ride it home and eat it.

Well, I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree. I do think that both of the guys should've handled the situation better, but the security guard pretty much got the ball rolling by saying a lot of unnecessary stuff to the kid. Either way, glad that I don't know you in real life. I like to think my friends have my back in situations like that.