Thread: Vomiting Blood

Hybrid View

Idling

Vomiting Blood

I rarely post in this forum, but I have some questions and maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. I'm going to go see the doctor either way about it, but I want to get some of your opinions. I dont drink alcohol that often, but the past 2 times I have, I drank a good amount and ended up throwing up the next morning. The only problem is that I'm throwing up blood as well as whats in my stomach. I can taste it and see it when I spit.. (yeah kinda gross..) I've pretty much decided to stop drinking after these past 2 occasions, and this has me kinda freaked out. What I want to know is if this could be related to alcohol itself, or if there is a possibility of something else such as an ulcer. I've never thrown up blood from drinking too much and neither has any of my friends, so I dont know what to think. Im going to call the doctor's office tomorrow and setup and appointment, but I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys. Thanks much.

Yikes. That sounds bad.

i just got over a stomach ulcer i was throwing up blood for a couple of days but then it eased down so i think you best check it with the doc
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Screw our opinions, definitely see a doctor. Vomiting blood = bad. Not a tough equation to solve.

unless you have a cut, blood coming out of your body is usually a bad sign..
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Definitely, go see a doctor!

I hope everything turns out well for ya!
    If the bar aint bending your just pretending!!!!

My journal!

I used to have the same problem and i found out that sometimes to much alcohol can cause the little viens in your throat to dialate causing a little blood. when it mixes w/ sliva it just looks like a lot of blood. I use to think i was going to bleed to death but i'm still here. this went on for about 6 months. doctors advise don't drink so much. I didn't listen and drank more. never had the problem again
    Formerly "Tough Old Man"

My first thought would be that it is coming from your stomach, perhaps an ulcer. Another sympton of an ulcer would be chronic stomach pain. Ulcers should definitely be attended to. You said you were going to see a doctor so you're on the right track.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Well, from the people I've known who have had ulcers the basic premise of the problem is that you'll rarely ever NOT know you have an ulcer.

Old man sounds like he's on to something. I'd still get my throat and stomach checked out and definitely stop drinking for the time being. Maybe your esophagus is just sensitive or narrow. It could be a host of things. I don't know if you'd vomit blood and then feel ok for the rest of the day, or not see it coming.

Oh, how much did you drink, anyways?

Wannabebig Member
    Are you taking aspirin, blood thinners, or ibuprophen?

ya dude, the best advice that most of us can give u, is go and see the doctor.... I hope everything goes alrite, and that u get better soon about it

Experience Lifting: 6 yrs ON/OFF
    Height: 5'6"

MY JOURNAL AND PICS

- October 29th, 2004
    Weight: 77.3 kg, 170.3 lbs
    BF: 14.9%
    Arm Flexed: 14.1"
    Chest: 44.2"
    Neck: 17.8"
    Forearm: 11.6"

Idling
    Thanks for the input everyone.

Tough Old Man: That is a possibility, but since I only drink once every 2 weeks at most it shouldn't be as bad as it was in my opinion. I'll still ask the doc about that though.

Teh Bdk: I rarely drink, so my tolerance is pretty low.. I had maybe 6 or 7 beers. Nothing that is extreme at all. Someone suggested my esophagus could have been "burned" from the alcohol causing it to bleed.

einstein1: I dont take any pills regularly besides a multivitamin and milk thistle. I take aspirin once in a while for headaches, but not a daily or even weekly occurance.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions, I just setup a doctor's appointment so hopefully I can get some tests done to see if anything is wrong.

do you tense up when you puke?
    I tense up really bad and sometimes when I'm on sinus sprays I rupture some blood vessels in my sinuses which causes me to get bloody noses or it drips down into my throat and comes out in my vomit.

I think a video clip is in order.

Idling
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    do you tense up when you puke?
    I tense up really bad and sometimes when I'm on sinus sprays I rupture some blood vessels in my sinuses which causes me to get bloody noses or it drips down into my throat and comes out in my vomit.

I think a video clip is in order.
    lol, a video clip. Actually I dont really feel like touching alcohol at all anymore, and that's the only time I puke. Yes, I tense up when I'm puking, especially after I've thrown everything up and I still have to puke and nothing comes out except bile.. BLECH.. I'm not on any sinus medication or anything, and it seems the blood is originating from my throat or stomach. I can definetly taste blood afterwards and I see it when I spit.. I had to keep spitting after vomiting because I kept tasting blood.. it was pretty gross.

Idling
    Also, today I've been feeling a bit better because I'm not hungover, but my stomach still feels a bit strange. I've been trying to get a good amount of bases into my stomach, such as milk, plain bread or maybe toasted (no butter..), and just taking it easy. I can pretty much eat anything, I'm just going to avoid extremely high acidic foods like pizza, fried stuff, etc.. which I dont usually eat anyway.

what did the doc say?

Wannabebig Member
    I hear puking is a good diaphragm exercise.
    Second place is the first loser.