The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    The Prophet (Early Stages) Draven_Fenix's Avatar

Cutting Questions

Ok, I'm kinda hittin a rut and I can't make a decision. I don't know whether to keep on bulking and cut back my calories or to just start cutting. I am a pretty decent size and I don't really want to get a whole lot bigger, just a little. The main part of my body I want to increase in size is my back. My abs and chest and legs, I just want to kind of trim down. Can anyone make any suggestions? Also, I heard that after cutting for a while, you start to not get the results anymore. Is this true and what can I do to avoid this? I posted a little while ago and someone told me to eat same amount of cals but add cardio. Could I do cardio and work muscles I want to tone w/ more reps lower weight and muscles I want to increase size w/ low reps high weight and still do cardio or will this burn me out? I am eating like 4000 calories at the moment. Please advise. I really want to start toning up because the fat is starting to bother me. I worked hard for a long time to get myself cut and I don't wanna start gettin fat again.
    If it feels good, I'll do it.

Music is the essence of life

I am no one, no one is right, there for I am right.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

dropping fat has to do with diet, not reps.

High reps do not 'tone'.

Ask your question in the diet forum.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

The Big Wang
    High reps, lighter weight... does tone...
    Low reps, higher weight... builds...

thats wut i thought?..
    Weight: 175
    Height: 5'11"
    Max Bench: 300 pounds
    Six pack: Yes

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=55173
    ^^Tis I.

High reps, lighter weight... doesn't tone...
    Low reps, higher weight... builds...
    Both work to build muscle.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Temporary fat a$$
    If high reps and light weight dosen't tone, what does? That was a rhetorical question. I Practiced Kenpo and Muay Thai for a total of 7 years. When I was done, I gave Bruce Lee a run in the cut and straiated department. Not once in the 7 years did I use anything except my own body weight.
    HEIGHT: 5'8"
    Weight
    : 194
    BF%: 29.2
    BENCH: 185x8
    MAX: 245x1
    SQUATS: 275x8
    MAX: 335x1

Diet and cardio.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.