The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wannabebig Member

Need to lower my BF

Ok heres the deal guys. In July i went of a big cut and lost 35 pounds since. But now i have sort of plateued out. I went from 208 to 162 currently. I have been doing lots of Cardio, and still watching my diet, but havent been able to get those Abs to show yet, and i know they are there because you can feel them. So what more do i need to do to lower my bf% a little more to start seeing my abs?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

hone your diet even further
    Southern Pride !

Wannabebig Member
    Really? I'm eating about 1500 calories right now per day. Should i lower that?

How could we possibly know how many calories you need to eat if you don't give us more info about yourself? Height, weight, lifting experience, diet, cardio? Sheesh.

Wannabebig Member
    Sorry that was rather vague and i apologize. I am 5'11, i currently weight 162lbs. I am lifting 3 days a week currently, and running 2 miles 3 days for cardio. Been keeping around 1500-1800 calories. Clean diet, probably lacked a little on the protein side of things. I have plenty of lifting expirience, just had slacked off for 2 years while me and my wife were having kiddos, lol. In that time i gained weight, and since have taken care ofthat. But am now having a tough time getting my Abs to show. They are there cause i can feel them just under the skin, but this last layer of fat is being very stubborn. And this has been the first time i ever had to really try to loose weight from letting myself go. Hope that helps and i apologize for the vague post, i know better as i am no newb to forums. Sorry bout that.

The One
    do this:

early morning - 1 mile jog, 100 pushups (2x50), jump rope (2x100), crunches (2x50)
    midday - 100 pushups (2x50), jump rope (2x100), crunches (2x50)
    latenight - 1 mile jog, 100 pushups (2x50), jump rope (2x100), crunches (2x50)

then what you can do, is increase the cardio by .25 miles every week or so, and increase all sets of pushups by 25 every week. If you are able to do more than 1 mile do what you can and just add the .25 on every week. If you can do more than 100 pushups, then you will need to adjust that and if you can do more than 100 jumps on jump rope, then those numbers will need to be adjusted too, just make sure that you increase them weekly, and NO CHEATING....if you follow this exactly and you eat what you are now, you should be able to decrease your bf% very well, and you should see it take great effect in just under a month.

try putting on some muscle and increasing your metabolism, then you can live on more than 1500 calories

don't do what antihero has said lol

try looking at some of the articles on the site, im pretty sure theres a few or more about cutting in there.

The One
    Quote Originally Posted by mattburns
    don't do what antihero has said lol

try looking at some of the articles on the site, im pretty sure theres a few or more about cutting in there.
    what the hell do you got against me, ill bet my bf% is lower than yours....
    Last edited by antihero; 10-21-2004 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J1Q
    Really? I'm eating about 1500 calories right now per day. Should i lower that?

It's also about what you're eating, not just calorie count.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

The One
    Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    It's also about what you're eating, not just calorie count.

:withstupi hes got a good point....

Wannabebig Member
    Breakfast a cereal or oatmeal.

Lunch usually i eat dinner for lunch so a steak, veggies & a slice o bread

Supper Sandwhich, Turkey or chicken, or a salad.

100-120 ounces of water a day. No Sodas

no junk food as in Chips, candy Bars, No desserts even. Evening Snack of bannanna or Yougurt, something along those lines.

I never never eat past 8 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by antihero
    i have nothing against you, just read up a little. and yes your body fat is lower than mine. oh the shame lol

The One
    Quote Originally Posted by mattburns
    i have nothing against you, just read up a little. and yes your body fat is lower than mine. oh the shame lol
    i dont need to read up a little, thats almost the exact same routine i used to cut...

Yeah no kidding you are 6 ft and 139 pounds. So your workout does indeed work...at making you a puny

Truth is, if you dont eat enough you will not lose BF% because your body will go into starvation mode. You are basically causing muscular atrophy while keeping your BF%. 1500 calories a day isnt enough unless you are mary kate olsen. Increase your calories by 1000 and keep lifting and doing some cardio. Look into HIIT, you'll see your abs if you really work at it. The information is out there, its on here and the articles say pretty much the same things about cutting and bulking.
    Last edited by CraigVA286; 10-21-2004 at 07:32 PM.

I doubt he's in starvation mode.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

The One
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigVA286
    Yeah no kidding you are 6 ft and 139 pounds. So your workout does indeed work...at making you a puny

Truth is, if you dont eat enough you will not lose BF% because your body will go into starvation mode. You are basically causing muscular atrophy while keeping your BF%. 1500 calories a day isnt enough unless you are mary kate olsen. Increase your calories by 1000 and keep lifting and doing some cardio. Look into HIIT, you'll see your abs if you really work at it. The information is out there, its on here and the articles say pretty much the same things about cutting and bulking.
    fvck off, size doesnt equal strength. and i eat 7000 calories per day right now, because i am bulking. the only reason i dropped my bf% down that low was because i had a local comp, and i wanted to look really ripped and cut....and if you guys are gonna be *******s, i wont give out my advice here anymore. you can bust your balls figuring out what works on your own.
    Last edited by antihero; 10-21-2004 at 07:57 PM.

fvck off, size doesnt equal strength. and i eat 7000 calories per day right now, because i am bulking. the only reason i dropped my bf% down that low was because i had a local comp, and i wanted to look really ripped and cut....and if you guys are gonna be *******s, i wont give out my advice here anymore. you can bust your balls figuring out what works on your own.
    Damn dude, how do you get so many calories?? I have trouble getting 3K !!

I get full so fast it sucks trying to force myself to eat.. Any tips?

If you weigh 139lbs and you're eating 7000 calories a day you're in for a big, fat suprise.

The Big Wang
    what surprise?..
    Weight: 175
    Height: 5'11"
    Max Bench: 300 pounds
    Six pack: Yes

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=55173
    ^^Tis I.

Wannabebig Member
    7000 AT 139?

You must have a nuclear reactor in your chest to burn all that.
    Second place is the first loser.

On the Road to Redemption. Ironman_1964's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigVA286
    Truth is, if you dont eat enough you will not lose BF% because your body will go into starvation mode. You are basically causing muscular atrophy while keeping your BF%. 1500 calories a day isnt enough unless you are mary kate olsen. Increase your calories by 1000 and keep lifting and doing some cardio.
    I could not agree more; great advice.
    What am I on?
    My back for the bench press.
    My feet for the squat.
    What are you on?

CKD diets work WONDERS for getting rid of those last few percent.

BUT..., you should be bulking man.

after reading this, i imagine you probably shouldn't be giving advice here

SYR ENFORCER
    Antihero your a ****in *******, we dont need people like you on this board!!